Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

no fear/ surfanic ski wear any comments

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

am about to venture out into the world of skiing for the first time and just looking for a liitle advice on jackets/trousers.

have seen some jackets/trousers by 'no fear' and 'surfanic' for between £60 - 80. does anyone know if these makes are any good? don't want to spend a fortune but also don't want to ruin my trip by being cold, wet and miserable!

thanks for any advice you can offer

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
smik, I don't know the makes you mention, but welcome to snowHeads snowHead .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
smik,

welcome to snowheads,

not used it personally but Surfanic make pretty reasonable stuff for the money, get yourself some good base layer to go with whatever you buy to make it warmer
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There was a lot of last year's Surfanic and No Fear stuff floating around in TK Maxx a couple of weeks ago at bargain prices! Personally, for cheap and cheerful skiwear you can't beat Aldi but they've probably sold out by now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
smik, Welcome to snowheads. have you checked out ebay?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, I have just got back from Les menuires, and I was wearing a complete No fear out fit, and not only was I very warm and dry, but was very impressed by all the features in the Jacket!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tchibo have done a good job for the kids in the past, and I have an astonishingly cheap windproof fleece from them which is fine (for £19.99). Probably too late for the shops, but they may have some on line.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alison, smik, welcome both to snowheads. like others I've not used those brands personally but I've seen plenty of people wearing them on the slopes and both are available for bargain prices in TK maxx
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
smik, Welcome to SnowHeads

I have a pair of Surfanic trouser bought from TK Maxx 4 years ago - still going strong, no complaints at all! Cost about £30 too snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My son has a Surfanic jacket and skied in some very low temperatures in Jasper last February - no complaints!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I bought my daughter surfanic salopettes and mittens from TKMAXX last year she has used them for a week - I am VERY impressed by the apparent quality and durability of the fabrics and have been actively looking out for the brand this year. My daughter kept warm and dry in very wet snow last year.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
smik,

I have some No Fear skiing/boarding trousers picked up for £20 or less in local sports discount shop and they are just as good as my wife's fearsomely expensive Columbia ones from Snow'n'Rock - Go for it if you like the stuff and it fits you.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
smik, myself and my son both have Surfanic jackets and salopettes, bought 3 years ago and still looking good, never been cold in them (have been too hot at times when ski-ing late March). The only thing I don't like about my jacket, and didn't think to check in the shop, is that the hood is not particularly large ie it doesn't come very far forward round your face and doesn't have a drawstring, which my previous jacket did. Otherwise they have been fine.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hey. don't know if there are sports world shops in Birmingham, there are lots in London (lillywhites being one) and they are general discount sports shops - they do all no fear ski wear - salopettes around 20 pounds and jackets about 30 or 40 I think? I think this is their online version http://www.sportsdirect.com/category.pasp?txtcategory=OtherSportsOtherSki
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have bought Surfanic snowboard trousers for £65 recently and used them just last week for 4 days in Austria. Very pleased with the quality of them. They only have thin liner but without wearing any thermal base layer trousers, I was still warm and comfortable in them.
Considering I am fairly new to snowboarding and spent a lot of time on my bum and knees, I was also really impressed by their waterproof capability...
So big thumbs up for Surfanic from me! snowHead
snow report
Surfanic gear for my eldest has been great - I wouldn't say it was dirt cheap, but not bad value.
snow report
smik, I also have Surfanic jacket and it's performed well over the last 2 seasons, bought it in TKMAXX for about £30. It's got loads of features which you find on higher priced gear. Bought my son a jacket the other week from Countryside in Stevenage and they said that Surfanic have been making ski wear for other brands for a few years, they reckon good value for money. Can't go wrong in my opinion Very Happy
ski holidays
smwbounce wrote:
smik, I also have Surfanic jacket and it's performed well over the last 2 seasons, bought it in TKMAXX for about £30. It's got loads of features which you find on higher priced gear. Bought my son a jacket the other week from Countryside in Stevenage and they said that Surfanic have been making ski wear for other brands for a few years, they reckon good value for money. Can't go wrong in my opinion Very Happy
Alison, hello alison, i googled the no fear ski jacket, and it came out to me this post, i want to ask you about the fit of these no fear jacket and pants. checking from the size chart on sportdirect.com website, basic on the measurments i have, i will need to order size L, or XL. however i chekced different north american brands, like north face, columbia, etc, Meduim fits me good.
i trust the quality of sportdirect website, since i used to live in UK, and i bought alot from them, now i live in canada, and its way cheaper for me to order them online from sportdirect, and ship them to canada. but i want to ask you your opnion about the fit, like your wear cloths same size the no fear gear u bought? or they a step down size was perfect?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 28-12-10 2:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
tinmontreal, Welcome to Snowheads. I don't think you'll get a reply, the last post on this thread is almost 3 years old. I certainly wouldn't waste your money though on getting No Fear ski gear shipped to Canada. It's pretty poor quality although cheap in the UK. I can't see it being warm enough for the extreme temperatures you get and certainly wouldn't be very waterproof. To be honest it doesn't look very good either. I'm sure you can do better for your money in Canada or the US.
snow report
Colin B wrote:
tinmontreal, Welcome to Snowheads. I don't think you'll get a reply, the last post on this thread is almost 3 years old. I certainly wouldn't waste your money though on getting No Fear ski gear shipped to Canada. It's pretty poor quality although cheap in the UK. I can't see it being warm enough for the extreme temperatures you get and certainly wouldn't be very waterproof. To be honest it doesn't look very good either. I'm sure you can do better for your money in Canada or the US.
Colin B, thanks alot for your reply, and appreciate your opinion
just to show u the deal on sport stations website, i trust your opinion

http://www.sportsdirect.com/no-fear-ski-jacket-mens-406257?colcode=40625748
what do u think?
in my shopping list, starting from helmet, goggles, sucks, thermals, jacket, pants, and gloves, i can get them to canada for 280$ shipped, here poor quality jacket and pants costs 190$, only jacket and pants, thats the reason i am considering taking the risk, and from seeing the zipper in the pic which looks good quality, let me know what u think agian
T
latest report
tinmontreal, My opinion is that they are poor quality, I've seen some of their ski stuff in their shops, and I wouln't buy them here even without shipping costs. I'd rather pay a little more for something better. I've only been to Canada once so can't advise on brands or outlets there.
ski holidays
The No Fear jacket I've got is pretty good for the £25 I paid for it, and has survived a few downpours. Still, although it's fine for the UK I wouldn't trust it for Canada! My Mum's Surfanic ski jacket suited her fine in the Alps.
snow report
thanks you guys,
what do you think of this one?
http://www.sportsdirect.com/dare-2b-astrix-jacket-mens-406110

merry Christmas every one
ski holidays
I recently got some surfanic pants, they seem fairly well made and the price was fairly good but so far i had only tried them on in the shop. I decided to go to the local fridge today to tune up my technique ready for the new year so it was a good time to give them a test run. They were fairly comfortable and didn't feel like they were about to come apart, however they did feel a touch on the thin side, nothing that i'm sure my long johns won't cure but it was my only observation.
ski holidays
tinmontreal, Dare2b stuff is a little better but in the UK you can get it cheaper than that.
snow report
thanks alot guys, i found great deals in here in canada, i bought rossignol jacket and pants were 70%
snow report
Another vote for Surfanic - my two older boys are into Freestyle and love the graphics on this brand - from my point once their warm,dry and have enough pockets for their bits and bobs and are decent price than brand is not that important for them - nearly gagged when S+R were 250e for an 8 year olds Spyder jacket, how can parents pay that when most kiddies will be out of it in a season !!
snow conditions
Any idea what happened to the Surfanic shop at the Chill Factore. It is closed and according to the guys at Crystal opposite had been for a while. Full of stock, but in darkness.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mfamily2,

Well on their web site everything is on sale with mahoosive discounts plus and extra 20% off. I just ordered on Monday and recieved today a softshell jacket for less than £25.

They have all sorts at bargain prices
latest report
smik, We have some of both brands - no fear helmets and surfanic salopettes which I was really impressed with. Certainly fine for starting out.
ski holidays
Timbobaggins, Ordered something online today also, but only after I saw the shop was closed, just wondered the reason. Chill Factore rent perhaps???
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy