Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Bourg-d'Oisans,/alp d Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi few questions I am hiring a car from Lyon on the thursday before half term and will be staying a couple of nights in Bourg -d Oisans. The idea is to ski in alp d Huez for a couple of days before driving along to Les Duex Alp for our main half term trip. So any recommendations on where is the quickest place to hire skis and boots for my girl and grab lift passes. I would rather not loose half the morning trying to get it all sorted when we could be on the slopes. Is it best to go to Bergers or one of the outside stations and cable/chair up? Also i have not hired a car before to go up the mountain, do they come with chains ? Am i right in thinking its illegal to go up the mountain without or am i making it up? finally any recommendation for size of car, I have put skis on the roof bars before when driving out in the past but i have no idea what size car is needed when putting them in the back ?
thanks in advance Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bigtoe, Les Bergers isnt really outside its up in Alpe d'Huez and has a large car park, ticket office and plenty of hire shops. Straight on the slopes from there. 20 mins or so from Bourg.

You'll need to make sure you've hired chains. Whilst not illegal if conditions are bad the police may stop you proceeding and you wouldn't get up anyway. With 2 in any hatchback should be fine as long as its not tiny.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Claude B, hey many thanks Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy