Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rock the Piste 2017 PdS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're big Caravan Palace fans.... and big ski fans... what better than to combine the two!

CP (use the google) are performing this year..

24 March - Les Gets Morzine - Caravan Palace

How does it work?

Is it on one of the slopes, where you need a lift pass, or will it be in a closed venue?

Thanks ever so.

They're excellent btw. French electro swing apparently. I have no idea what that means, but it's not like going to a gig, more like a party! And the lead (Zoe) is gorgeous...!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@shockingmoment, the Chatel venue, Plaine Dranse is only accessible by ski lift so you need a lift pass. You can get there as a pedestrian on the lift but still then need a pass.

Not sure where the Les Gets venue is.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I caught this last year. Some excellent house djs and bands. It's a really good vibe at the events.

Everything was on the mountain and required a lift pass.

Mambo on the Piste is also good. This moves from PdS to Cham this year.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@shockingmoment, the Les Gets Morzine venue is usually by the Vaffieu restaurant which is at the top of the Follietts lift. You can walk along there too from top of Pleney bubble. So you would need a lift pass to do either direction.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 9-01-17 7:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bar shaker wrote:
I caught this last year. Some excellent house djs and bands. It's a really good vibe at the events..

Are you sure you're not mixing it up with Snowboxx which was on the same week as Rock the Pistes?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks folks. Pamski has it nailed.

Free concert just need a lift pass.

Thanks again everyone
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Garioch wrote:
bar shaker wrote:
I caught this last year. Some excellent house djs and bands. It's a really good vibe at the events..

Are you sure you're not mixing it up with Snowboxx which was on the same week as Rock the Pistes?

Just looked that up... I would say definitely was Snowboxx for the house stuff.

We also saw a French rock band, piste side, over near Les Crossets.

A great week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks @shockingmoment, hadn't listened to Caravan Palace before but now a firm favorite according to my spotify playlist. However you are likely to cause my bank manager some concern, I now have to book a week in Les Gets to see them live... Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jet2 flights, including 22kg checked and a 20kg skibag - £115pp MAN-GVA return, Thurs am to Sun pm - bargain. 20kg Skibag was 50p each way!

Just need some accom and a transfer - catered chalet in Morzine would be good. They all seem to be quite expensive though...

And some snow. The whole place needs some snow. Tonnes of it.

I shall wait until they start to need to fill a 3 night gap I think - unless I can find a nice apartment - we'll eat out...

Any suggestions for reasonable 1 bed apts?

Thanks again for your help everyone.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you want a cheap apartment in Avoriaz then Andy Wilson is your man.
http://www.avoriazlettings.co.uk
You could even be cheeky and ask for a "Friends of the Igloo" Discount, but they're cheap as chips anyhow.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Avoriaz is great to ski, but I really don't like staying there... but thanks for the suggestion.

I think I've found a decent catered chalet....

Quite looking forward to this...

Lovely wife, sunshine, decent snow, lazy mornings, great skiing, no kids (been there, done it), few beers, favourite band on the slopes!, catered chalet, nice food / wine, no washing up, hot tub, clear skies, stars...

Does it get any better?

Fingers crossed!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy