Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with easiski refurbished my skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Many snowheads met easiski at last year's EOSB, and were obviously impressed. I recently read a good report in the SCGB forum, too. So, when I booked a week's lessons with her, I expected good instruction, and, hopefully, some improvement in my skiing.

She exceeded my expectations. She put me in a small group of broadly similar standard (one snowhead, lampbus, and two snowhead lurkers). All were great company, and a pleasure to ski with. In a very short order, she identified each members problems, and gave us exercises to sort them. She took us to parts of the mountain we would not have visited on our own. For me, at least, this also proved my technique had improved beyond recognition. I shall particularly remember a turn out of a narrow chute for a long time. It would not have been possible last year, but had now become easy once I was encouraged to give it a go.

As a result of easiski's instruction, I now get less tired when I ski, and am more secure and efficient. I could not have asked for more.

Also. Easiski pointed me and lampbus at accommodation which was spot on for out needs, put me in touch with one of the best boot technicians I have met, and assisted with translation when discussing heel grip and an Achilles tendon scar.

If you want your ski instruction to be light an fluffy, I don't think easiski is for you. But if you want someone who analyses your faults, tells you plainly what they are, and then has great enthusiasm for sorting them out effectively, I think she is one of the chosen.

Me? I am thinking of having a bi-annual skiing MOT with her.

PS. I had forgotten what a great resort Les 2 Alpes is. Lots of great skiing for good skiers. Be warned, though. The map tends to underrate piste grades by most standards. Someone thinking they could cope with a blue run, because they had coped with blues at other resorts, could be in for a shock. And anyone not up to an alternative to Demoiselles for a home run would find the width was rather too narrow, IMHO, for the volume of traffic. But it's a wonderful place. Friendly locals, and great skiing.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks NIck - more blushing in this corner! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick Zotov I also had vey good lessons with Easiski when I was in Les Deux Alpes last year - she is very good. I just hope that my one to one private lessons in Selva this year will be just as good!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

If you want your ski instruction to be light an fluffy, I don't think easiski is for you. But if you want someone who analyses your faults, tells you plainly what they are

Oooh please be gentle with me at the EOSB.

Is it true that she was thrown out of the SS for cruelty?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, she won't go easy on you with comments like that!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, "Cruel and unusual punishment?" step this way ... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Elizabeth B, How could you say such a thing - more hopping is a good idea I think ..... NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, Having had a week of lessons and planning more I can't possibly comment on the SS bit. However, the huge gain was definitely worth the ear pain wink wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
finnbob, I'll have to have a new chant then! "ear pain is hug gain".

I'm not nasty - really - just call out what you're doing wrong/remind you what to do when you actually doing it. It works, but of course I have to shout or I'm not heard!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy