Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can I use avios to pay extra luggage charges with BA?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Slightly left-field but not unconnected to skiing Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not better to ask BA?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In one sense, but hours on hold versus helpful snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To my knowledge this isn't possible.

You can however use them to buy wine, beer and champagne through Laithwaites, and if those are a staple part of your diet, then you could view that as paying your baggage fees...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowsartre wrote:
Slightly left-field but not unconnected to skiing Madeye-Smiley

You can use AVIOS to upgrade to business class. Then you will get extra baggage for free as part of that ticket. You only need to have business class on BA on one leg to qualify for the same baggage on the return. Many do that on here rather than pay for the extra bag for Ski gear.

I'n addition, it also means you can get in the business lounge and save money on food and drinks at the airport. Happy

So it is worth weighing up the total cost.
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/spending-avios/upgrading-with-avios
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Snowsartre, Online at time of booking an Avios/Airmile reward flight, possibly. But I suspect BA see extra baggage as a, money for nothing, money maker. You are probably going to need to spend a hour on hold to find out if it is possible.

I've always found non-Executive Club customer services more of a miss than a hit in terms of knowledge. For example after spending 40 mins on hold, my query was responded to with "We will find out, please call back tomorrow" Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, I'm pretty sure I've done it when booking a reward flight, but not if you add luggage on later.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@GlasgowCyclops, you can get 2 bags by upgrading to premium economy on one leg. We always do this when travelling to the states. Economy out and prem econ on way back. Economy on both legs and each extra bag was 104 so overall we are spending a bit more but it's a much more comfortable journey on the way back and you get business class food. Not sure how this works on European flights.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BA section of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/ is the place to ask. You can't always use avios to upgrade, only on certain flights when availability exists.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MogulMonkey wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, you can get 2 bags by upgrading to premium economy on one leg. We always do this when travelling to the states. Economy out and prem econ on way back. Economy on both legs and each extra bag was 104 so overall we are spending a bit more but it's a much more comfortable journey on the way back and you get business class food. Not sure how this works on European flights.

No premium economy on European flights just Economy or Business. Premium Economy is on Long haul (I do this every month). I have tips on that if going east. For example if you're a one world sapphire do the legs on Cathay and you are more likely to get upgraded.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy