Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know of a stag trip in Val D'Isere in March '17?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic New Year, and now we are all in Dry January (I realise I'm probably talking for myself here!), we're trying to finalise our skiing trip.

Four of us have found a lovely VIP SKI chalet to Val D'Isere mid March but the top floor (above us) of 8 rooms has been taken by a groups of 16 blokes, so we are trying to find out its a stag do, a family get together or a ski club trip? But the tour company isn't telling (they say they don't know).

I'm worried about drunken fights, shouting, keeping everyone awake at night, being obnoxious to everyone over dinner, but I promise to try to keep my wife under control snowHead

Seriously though, we like this chalet and want to go for it, but would rather go somewhere else if its going to be a rowdy group.

So are any of you blokes out there going on a trip to Val D'Isere in March with 15 other blokes? Or do you know of such a group?

Can you get back to me with your thoughts asap please as I need to make a decision before I lose it or the plan B (still nice but not as good).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Sack the Juggler,
If they don't know the nature of the trip they probably know the age of the guests, why not ask if all over 45 probably less likely to be rowdy than if under 30 as a first approximation, whatever the ostensible reason for the trip.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers @T Bar, I've already asked that, but they say they haven't got that information available at the moment.

Which makes me think that they have, but don't want to tell me, because it would be obvious it was a young group.

We really like this chalet and would rather stay there if we could but this could be a deal breaker
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't you just give the chalet company 7 days to provide you written assurance that it is not a stag party, and tell them if you don't recieve it you will cancel the booking?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rule #1 is never tell the accommodation that you are a stag party or they will cancel the booking. The ones I have been on have been described as walking expeditions Very Happy , so this is probably a 'BASI level one course' . If you are worried about it now I would cancel/forget about it, as you will only worry more, the closer you get to departure.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@BergenBergen, +1
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is accommodation really that scarce in Val D'Isere that week?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
James the Last wrote:
Is accommodation really that scarce in Val D'Isere that week?
catered chalets with a pool, sauna, hot tub, etc are.

But I'm going to swerve it I reckon, the facilities aren't worth the worry about my fellow guests
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Sack the Juggler, ask these folk to help http://www.simplyvaldisere.com/

They were super helpful when I went to Val pre-Xmas a few years back

or some others on the same course of me said the food was fantastic here http://www.fishandpips.co.uk/val-disere/val-disere-chalets/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If it looks like s*** and it smells like s***, it probably is s***.................

To be honest , stag party or not, it's 16 blokes together........I can assure you, no matter what their age, they are not there to catch up on some sleep so I wouldn't expect many quiet nights in

Personally I'd be thinking, if you can't beat them.............
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just put the company on warning, in writing and ask for confirmation of receipt, that if you are disturbed you will be demanding alternative accommodation.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy