Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski bag for 4 day ski trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am looking to purchase a ski bag that will fit requirements for a 4 day ski trip to include ski boots and gear (baselayer, gloves, googles, etc) but also take onboard.

I tried the Patagonia Black Hole 45L (2700 liters) and while it does fit ski boots, it will not fit all my other clothes accessories. I think the Black Hole 60L might be a perfect fit for my use case, but wanted to see if others had any experience with it or if it was denied boarding etc because of being too big (dimensions below):

25 x 13 x 10 inches (3500l)

I am flying Easyjet on my trip.

Thanks,
George
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easy jet max carry on is 56x45x25 cm. but if it's busy they reserve the right to shove it in the hold free of charge. 45x36x20 will go under seat and guaranteed to always stay with you.

25 inches is too long....... (2.54 cm to an inch)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

25 inches is too long....... (2.54 cm to an inch)

This is true but as its a soft bag it is compressible if not overstuffed. Or maybe the small TNF bag does the trick and is on the safe side of the carry on allowance?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a Surfanic "midi" roller which fits carry on reckon you could get most of your bits in. Otherwise take a coat with loads of pockets and ram em full, especially heavy things!

Something like

http://www.surfanic.co.uk/mens-womens-kyber-40l-carry-on-bag-grey/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have this Marmot medium duffle https://marmot.com/products/details/long-hauler-duffle-bag-medium

Its 50L and 64 x 27 x 27cm. Technically too long for hand luggage, but I've flown with it a lot and not had a problem at security or getting it in the overhead locker.

I had ski boots, helmet, insulated pants, gloves etc (everything needed to go skiing if my skis got delayed, by hiring skis) but that's about it before start to exceed the weight limit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Caveat, not flown Easyjet or Ryanair with this bag...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IMO, i'd just pay for a hold bag:

- only c£35 return with easyjet
- take any liquids
- doesn't take long to get it from the luggage collection
- airlines are constantly changing their hand luggage limits. E.g. Ryanair's allowance is smaller than easyJet so any bag you buy may not work for them.
- you'll not have space for things on the flight like headphones, books etc
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Would you check in a soft duffel bag? There is no protection on these bags so what happens when other luggage gets thrown on them?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Would you check in a soft duffel bag? There is no protection on these bags so what happens when other luggage gets thrown on them?

we've checked various NF holdalls (you know the ubiquitous soft cylindrical ones) for 20 years without problems
that said I would always avoid checking luggage if I can but just because I hate waiting at carousels - normally its fine but those occasions when it takes 45mins are infuriating when you see your chance of sneaking ion a crafty couple of hours disappearing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cool. I ordered the small North Face base camp bag which should be a bit bigger than the Patagonia black hole 45l. Let me see how much I can fit in there.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
every time I have been with EasyJet, I have had to put my 'carry-on' in the little cage thing that they use to check the bag conforms to their size regulations...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dakine DLX Cargo Pack 55l . . . if weight restrictions are no issue you could easily carry your requirement . . .compression straps keep it neat and you can use as a backpack . . .
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My other half broke my iPad whilst trying to prove that the case fitted in the size gauge the Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy