Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Current Pila conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Hi can anyone let me know how things are at Pila at the moment as we have a alternative option of going tomorrow instead of Cervina due to the wind forcast, will the place be super busy ??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anglo/Scottish U16 races in Pila tomorrow but will only affect one piste.

the conditions on piste are v good.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will Pila be affected by the wind as much@stewart woodward,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
meandrew wrote:
Will Pila be affected by the wind as much@stewart woodward,

Sorry, not sure.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pila i know from when i've been there before gets hit hard when winds are up across Aosta; i.e when it's been windy across Monterosa and Cervinia, Pila tends to get hit. Looks like on snowforecast it is windy today/tomorrow there.

Ol
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Conditions today haven't kept the hoards away:
http://www.pila.it/en/webcams/1804/

Forecast is for lighter winds tomorrow:
http://www.pila.it/en/pila/real-time/weather/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skied Pila today. Start didnt look promising with low cloud and no sun forecast, but it turned out a lovely day. It did feel cold, but with no wind, hazy sunshine, turning to light snow later, combined with pistes in great condition and few people it was a very nice day's skiing. Extensive snow making caused the odd run to be closed but still mainly open. The off wasn't really on with a dusting over some hard lumps.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At Pila last week and it snowed and snowed for most of the time we were there. Even needed snow chains from Aosta up the hill, and still slippy then.

Some worn areas on steep bits, cork screw into Piste1 for example, where people are trying to go slow. Overall usual great time tough with low vis most of the week.

Far slow lift under Piste18 was not working but I think that is a cost thing as there was plenty of snow.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone out there last week? How's the piste? We arrive this week!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Day trip to Pila today.

Pistes were in tip-top condition, and crowds...no crowds at all.

Off piste was chalky and grippy in places, and wind-crusted in other spots.

Coming from Verbier it makes for a very nice change, lovely wide cruising pistes and seemingly no competition for the off piste stuff.
Food is good, prices a bit lower (though not a whole lot cheaper).
Park in Aoste and get take the cable car up, all very easy.

One thing I did notice, the Italians are a noisy lot in lift queues!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Delayed opening for 2017-18 is now 3days and counting
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
what are the conditions currently for Pila ? no good ?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@nobsoc, Pila is closed, partial opening from Thursday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Fabulous conditions at Pila today. Limited lift and piste opening due to the amount of snow. The pistes were in great condition and the bits of side piste were lots of fun with soft powder. It will be epic when they get it all open. They were bombing from a helicopter today!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A bit on the side.

snow conditions
At least they managed to get something open for you. Not going until March this year so a long wait yet.
Snow on Yeti bar roof
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy