Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The North Face Mcmurdo Parka real or not

datsun660
datsun660
I have bought the above used (worn 4 times) jacket. I have since doing so been informed that there are fakes. And while the middle aged gentleman seems plausible enough I fear he himself was swindeled delete prior to selling on to me.

does anyone have any knowledge of these jackets and can you advise if it is real.....

thank you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112252431755
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fake, you can tell by the poor embroidery.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fake, you can tell cos it's on ebay
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't confirm from those pics whether it is fake or not. I would be wary of buying anything that is commonly (or even occasionally!) faked from Ebay. Labels look reasonable though but I have nothing to compare it to. It definately isn't a recent McMurdo parka as they dont have exposed poppers on the pockets etc as that one does as I recall.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

It definately isn't a recent McMurdo parka as they dont have exposed poppers on the pockets

This. Going back to 2014, the poppers weren't exposed, and the term "HyVent" became "DryVent" a few years back too.
Stylewise - around the pocket construction, poppers, stitching etc, it does looks like my TNF Decagon jacket which dates from about 2010-11, and it'll be coming out in service again this year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Unless you have a good reason to think it's a fake then I'd say the chances are it's real.The seller looks genuine and the stuff he's selling is used rather than new.

Just because there might be fakes around doesn't mean this one is.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
for what its worth I got 8 years use out of a knock off one and it was super warm Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy