Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

going out to Val d'Isere in March, couple of questions

- anybody stayed in La Daille apartments? from what I have seen on the web apartments seem small? any decent facilities near them? is bus service to Val D very regular etc.
- anybody recommend a good ski school

many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HI LeonardIV, welcome to snowheads snowHead s Bus runs very reguleraly ,there are bars and supermarket near the appartments, not actualy stayed in them myself but have stayed in chalet right on the piste ,les etroits ..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey leonard IV

my other half is currently staying a the Maeva apartments in La Daille- describing them as basic and warm. The rooms are set up to 5 to sleep in, BUT more comfortable with the 3 they have in there.

The buses are regular and lots of shops, etc

Cannot recommend Ski Schools yet- but may have some feedback after i get back in March.

Vis
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi LeonardIV

We stayed in La Daille in 2003 at the Champs Avalins clubhotel.
There are not loads of facilities in La Daille itself but all the essentials
are there: bar(s), restuarants, ski hire/sales shop, SPAR supermarket
etc. Buses run regularly to the centre of Val D. it's about a mile to
walk but unless the roads are totally clear of snow I would not advise
walking - there's no pavement for much of the way. Have to confess
we only made it into the centre once in the evening due to being too
knackered/lazy and having a decent bar in our hotel meant our
incentive to go elsewhere was low.

Ski schoolwise, I used Evolution 2 in Val D'isere. IRC there's only ESF
in La Daille. I did 3 mornings plus a private lesson with Evolution 2 and
thought they were great.

Not sure what level of skier/rider you are... the green run into La Daille
(Verte) is one the most awful I've seen. It's in the shade for much of
the day (might be a bit better in March) which means it's an icy slope of
doom. After the first day we resorted to coming down the red runs
(triffolet, raye or the slalom run, *not* orange it turns into a mogul field
from hell) instead as they were far less likely end in a visit to hospital.

Enjoy,

Fiona
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the info folks, appreciate it. Fiona, I am intermediate, can handle reds pretty well but don't fancy the ice at all so we'll avoid that one. Will look up evolution 2 on the web.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was on the verte run last week a number of times and though it is icy in places it is definately not a challenge for a confident blue skier. It joins onto a red at the bottom where there is a snow cannon for topping up that piste. Saying that I am a bit of a sucker for tree lined easy runs. I found orange to be just as icy and a hell of alot busier. Verte shouldnt be a problem come march.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anyone going out there next week?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LeonardIV, New Generation http://skinewgen.com/valdisere/index.asp and the British Alpine Ski and Snowboard School http://www.britishskischool.com/valdisere.htm are both very good, bit pricey - but that's Val all over anyway. If you're driving, get your food in Bourg St Maurice as I found that all Marche U prices in Val 2ff more than here ...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy