Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calf Protection

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year got a bad calf tear (on the last run of the last day, not that it matters Smile ) and want to make sure that I don't get a repeat this year. I do a lot of gym work to try and keep the calf string and stretched but it gives me the occasional tweak to let me know that I need to be careful

Is there any point in using KT tape as a preventative measure? Or any other ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bicycling is just about the best exercise for calf muscles and rehabilitation of damaged calf muscles so I imagine that it would also be good for pre-ski fitness regime
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have found that some sort of massage would be good either from foam roller type device or better a deep tissue massage from a professional to get rid of any tightness scar tissue etc , otherwise you tend to repeat the calve tear
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Calf tears do have a habit of breaking down again.
Make sure you have regained full length through stretching. The more important is adequate strengthening.
Trigger points/ scar massage can be useful but won't stop an inadequately rehabbed calf from being vulnerable .
Did you get any physiotherapy?
Jonathan Bell
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies. After getting back into the flow of gym work again after the excesses of Christmas the tweaking sensations appear to have gone. The static cycle does seem to help.

Maybe some more physio could help but I expect problems persuading AXA to pay again without another injury Sad and would never get NHS appointment before the trip. Could go privately but not sure how to find someone reliable locally

Has anyone used a calf brace while skiing. Would there be any point and/or would it just be too uncomfortable?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Posidrive - finding a reliable physio locally shouldnt be too difficult, try your local private hospital who will almost certainly have a physiotherapy department with sessions for self pay clients available. I was charged around £35 for half hour sessions after I broke my fib, a small price to pay to get leg back in shape for skiing asap.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Did mine a few years ago, the physio I had was skier so gave me loads of ski focused exersices which I did plus general advice on strength training it. Haven't had any problems since but do tend to wear a compression tube over it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy