Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thoughts on K2 Poacher 75 Jr

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son is outgrowing his K2 Juvys. As they only go up to a 139 the next option would be a K2 Poacher 75 Jr in a 149. He loved the Juvys and had a blast on them last season in Val d'Isere, hence why I'm keen to stick with the brand. Anyone have any experience of them? He has much stiffer Salomon X-Race SLs for his racing but I'm always keen that he has a pair of fun skis so he realises there is more to skiing than going through gates.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My son is onto his second pair of K2 Shreditor 85s (had 119, now 129). K2 make both the 75 and 85 up to 149cm length. The Shreditor and Poachers look very similar, the 75s are both 107/75/96 with 10m radius. Looking at the Juvys and Shreditors in the shop, the Shreditors feel like a more substantial ski and I presume the Poacher is the same.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @Themasterpiece. The Shreditor now seems to come in 100 and 85. The former looks very much like an off-piste ski for kids and is probably a bit too extreme. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
After a bit more reading it seems the Shreditors would be a better bet for my son than the Poachers. A bit more Googling revealed that Glisshop were cheapest as they also had 20% off yesterday and were offering free delievery. Now we just need some snow to try them out once they arrive!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy