Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First pair of Ski Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I'm looking to buy my first pair of ski boots for my trip this season. I'm an intermediate skier and think a pair of well fitted boots would definitely help me improve my skiing. But I'm not really sure where to go to get boots fitted properly. I'm in Sussex and am willing to travel a reasonable distance to get a proper fit.

Can anyone suggest some good places to get boots fitted?

Thank you Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get yourself to Solutions for Feet...ask for Colin and make an appointment well in advance, as they get very busy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alifun3 wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking to buy my first pair of ski boots for my trip this season. I'm an intermediate skier and think a pair of well fitted boots would definitely help me improve my skiing. But I'm not really sure where to go to get boots fitted properly. I'm in Sussex and am willing to travel a reasonable distance to get a proper fit.

Can anyone suggest some good places to get boots fitted?

Thank you Smile

Where are you located?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
West Sussex!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alifun3 wrote:
West Sussex!

Weirdly I didn't see that in the Original post. I was on my first cup of tea so have an excuse Happy

Solutions 4 feet seem close enough.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
alifun3 wrote:
West Sussex!

Weirdly I didn't see that in the Original post. I was on my first cup of tea so have an excuse Happy

Solutions 4 feet seem close enough.

Seem like a great excuse to me! Smile

Looks like Solutions 4 feet are well recommended. What about Pro Feet in London? Just weighing up my options!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ill only ever use solutions for feet but you nèed to book and book now! Col and And get very busy. If that fails I rarely hear of any problems with them

As for the type of boot, Colin will tell you which boots you are having! Dont be suprised if they are nothing at all what you thought of Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's several Snowheads been very happy with Profeet (but I can't remember who). When you're thinking of how far you're prepared to travel, don't forget that even with a top boot fitter you might need to go back for some tweaks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm a happy with Profeet SHer.

In general it's Profeet and S4F that get recommended on here in the SE in about equal measure, with few negative opinions that I've seen of either. Work out which is easiest to get to/has somewhere the rest of the family would prefer to spend time if you'll have the whole clan in toe (boot fitting isn't the most interesting spectator sport).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy