Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The K2 story

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
K2 skis, in case you never knew, weren't really named after the mountain but after the 2 Ks who set up the company - the brothers Kirschner (Bill and Don) who set up a mini ski factory in 1960.

Based on Vashon Island in Puget Sound, close to Seattle, K2 has always maintained a hip alternative image compared to other mainstream ski brands. In 2004 they became the largest volume ski maker in the US, though the production is now done in China.

If you want the full story, it's in this long feature from Skiing Magazine.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only got to page 3 tonight, but I will read on...

It'll be interesting to see what comes of Volkl skis now that it is in the hands of the nutters at K2.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
K2 without doubt the finest ski brand in the world. You can forget your Atomics and your Salomons. K2 have more to offer than anyone. Nice work K2
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Viceversa wrote:
K2 have more to offer than anyone. Nice work K2

Good ideas.

Unrefined execution.

ADDiction to 'newness' leaves a sloppy disconnected impression of unrealised potential.

Quite like the article, in this reader's impression.

Wanted: more 'hi' to the story
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can only see good coming from, IMHO, the two best ski manufactures out there. K2 qualility hasn't suffered since the move, the inital glue problems were easiliy rectified and now we have great consistancy in a great product. Two great Philophicies combined together, twice as strong i hope.

Anyone got an easy fix for my spelling an GRANDMA? Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy