Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France zones a & b holidays? 18th Feb.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello and happy Christmas Eve to you all!

We are booked for our weeks skiing in Morillon starting 18th Feb. This is the Welsh half term which happily falls the week after the English half term. I am hoping this makes leaving the uk on the tunnel slightly less congested. However I have noticed that we do clash with the French holidays for zones a and b. What do you think this means in terms of crowds on the slopes and also driving to the resort on the Saturday?

I have seen lots of people talk of the Paris holidays causing congestion and crowding but am unsure of the affect of these other zones.

Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty much all of Feb is busy as it's holidays not just in france and uk but also in holland and other countries too.

Our appartment is often empty in Jan yet could be rented several times over in Feb.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's "busy" through all of the French half term. Although Paris H/T maybe worse? Can't comment on the driving.

The lifts and the slopes, get out early if you can to miss the worst of it. Try to avoid the main lifts out of morillon (Sairon), Samoens(chariande express) and Les carroz(kedeuze) 8:45 -9:30. (Same goes for the bubble if you are staying in morillon village.)
Eat early or late, and ski through lunch.

Obviously it's a holiday, so you can't make it too regimented, but doing any of the above will help maximise your time actually skiing.

Enjoy!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@breeze11, Some of England has half term starting on 18th Feb
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It'll be busy but could be worse. Lack of Paris, most of the Brits, most of the Dutch and Belgium should make a significant difference to driving and keep it below complete meltdown.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy