Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacement for Movement Source

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My beloved Movement Source are getting on a bit and I'm starting to think about replacement options

Usage would be mainly day-touring, with the odd run on-piste. Have been considering moving up from 94mm to something in the 100-110mm range.

I'm 182cm / 78kg with a legacy back injury which has resulted in reduced leg strength - I switched from Mantras to Source and they have been fantastic as a softer, lighter ski that didn't require as much power down.

Any suggestions?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Movement discontinued the Source a couple of years ago.
They replaced it with 2 skis which effectively split it in 2. (The Vison and Icon)
Either 89 or 95mm underfoot and introduced tail rocker which gives them a bit of a looser feel.
Still suited to day touring and off piste without feeling too cumbersome.
Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - yes, contemplating the Icon (which would be more or less a direct replacement) and also the Go Fast, which has a bit more width underfoot.
Also been gazing at the Black Crows line-up - particularly the Camox Freebird (which sounds quite similar in feel to the Source) and the Navis (which sounds a bit stiffer).

Any views?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have Movement Response X Series which I love; 89mm underfoot, nice and light for touring and perform beautifully in most conditions except crud, which I guess they just don't have the weight/stiffness to cut through. Though I see you want to go wider...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wintersday wrote:
Thanks - yes, contemplating the Icon (which would be more or less a direct replacement) and also the Go Fast, which has a bit more width underfoot.
Also been gazing at the Black Crows line-up - particularly the Camox Freebird (which sounds quite similar in feel to the Source) and the Navis (which sounds a bit stiffer).

Any views?

I have the Movement Shift, which I think has been replaced by the Go Fast, and I use these for long climbs and less powdery skiing. Good on firm snow, predictable and V light for touring @ 1450 grms each. ski everything pretty well but not that robust I don't feel, and will probably need replacing for next year as one of them is coming apart slightly under the bindings....

Overall very pleased, not sure what I would replace them with but the target weight would be just under 3kg for the pair. maybe Dynastar mythic, BD Helio or Fischer Hannibal: I would be looking for around 100mm waist.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ive recently bought a pair of Movement 'chill outs' to replace my now very knackered sources which have been excellent.
used for on/off piste and touring.
The Chill out are identical to the source ,94 underfoot etc ( my skins fit. )
Ebay at £249

Try Dave Noble (main importer) 01509881111
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks all - lots of great suggestions! Aiming to try out some over the weekend of 21st Jan and see how they feel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy