Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach Wedding Planning - Advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

I very rarely post, but read the forum on a daily basis - is that sad? Surely not.

However, I've been motivated to post because I recently proposed to the better half and she is all for a winter/Christmas wedding in Saalbach - not gonna turn that down am I!!

So, does anyone have any advice or experience of organising a wedding over there?

We are looking at December 2018 - perhaps the week before the Christmas week. We have both been to Saalbach a few times (January 2017 will be my 10th visit), and we think we have the accommodation sorted. We are probably thinking 20 people in the wedding party.

What's set-up with the "register office"? Can anyone tell me about the Lindlingalm and its sleigh rides? Ideas on a nice mountain alm, suitable for a sort of reception?

In fact any advice at all???

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I believe you can get married at the Hinterhag. Wedding in the mountains?!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow. Thought that was a joke, but a quick search...that looks amazing. Thanks for the tip.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickYoung, ask tbe Gemeinde about the legal side of things
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for that @Holidayloverxx ...I didn't know the name of the office for all that, so that's very helpful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@NickYoung,

http://www.saalbach.or.at/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NickYoung, we got married in Fugen (Zillertal) in May.
Legally, all pretty straight forward, just need to get your UK documentation officially translated (needs to be done through your Austrian registrar), and then you're good to go.

Enjoy - we had the most wonderful time!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Congratulations.

Getting quite excited...and it's still 2 years away!

Keep making the mistake of looking at stunning hotels though...supposed to be having a sensible budget!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Blimey, two years!!
We were engaged at new year and married in Fugen the following May - 5 months in total.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Need to save!

Still...is next year too soon?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We found that most things were cheaper in Austria than they would have been in the UK.

Food, drink, accommodation, Cake, Flowers, all much more reasonable - all priced normally without the "oh your getting married" mark-up.

Obviously though, flying friends / family out there is costly (if you're paying)....

We also found it a lot less stressful planning it in Austria. There were things we simply had no control over (table layouts / decorations / the colour of the napkins (!!!) etc), which if getting married in the UK could cause stress / arguments etc, whereas we had no idea what they would look like until the day before the wedding!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jellemr wrote:

We also found it a lot less stressful planning it in Austria. There were things we simply had no control over (table layouts / decorations / the colour of the napkins (!!!) etc), which if getting married in the UK could cause stress / arguments etc, whereas we had no idea what they would look like until the day before the wedding!

Yep all the crap that doesn't matter and none of your guests really notice, yet will disagreement in the build up / planning phase.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NickYoung, My step-daughter married in Saalbach church on 28th December 2009, having met her Australian husband-to-be at the Goassstall in Hinterglemm two years earlier (he was ski-racing for the Australian navy). The official part of the ceremony took place the day before in Saalbach registry office, which is the very attractive building next door to the Ski Museum, a stone's throw from the Schattberg Xpress (on the other side of the river, just before you reach the Lori-Vita apartments). The reception was held at the Maisalm, and the couple stayed at the Hotel Hinterhag for a week afterwards.
Although it took some organising (I remember that my step-daughter had to fly to Vienna to sort out some documentation, and she also had to get some kind of authorisation from the Catholic Church, as she wasn't Catholic, although her fiance was), it all went without a hitch, and it couldn't have turned out better. The local priest was very helpful and accommodating, and the Maisalm was an excellent choice for the reception. Everyone was very impressed with the venue and the food, and we all tobogganed down at midnight - still in our wedding gear.
If you would like to seek advice from my step-daughter and her husband, I'm sure they would be very happy to oblige. I suggest that you send me your e-mail by PM and I will pass it on.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@NickYoung, It's also the perfect place for a stag night as there are about 5 or 6 lap dancing joints
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@red 27, There's Kings, the Why Not, and the Schwips Bar - but where are the others?
ski holidays
Tatman's Tours Oh sorry I don't know the names of them all so if you're after a recommendation you're asking the wrong man - I'm too old for all that and even if I wasn't Mrs red27 takes a dim view. "Demeaning to women" she says rolling eyes

That said, the nicest looking one (from the outside) was right up at the top of main street, on the left as you walk uphill, in new complex that seemed to be built around the strip joint. Lots of blonde wood outside and - I suppose - lots of blondes and 'wood' on the inside. The ones down in town look tacky - I'd avoid them if I were you
snow report
Apart from the ones I mentioned above, I haven't seen any others, and I live in Saalbach for nearly half the year. The one at the top of the main street, beside the Hotel Kendler, is the Why Not. Not sure why you think that Kings and Schwips look tacky - in each case, all you see is a doorway and a flight of stairs - Kings being beneath Berger's Sporthotel, and Schwips being beneath the Schwips apres-ski bar. Mrs TT has dragged me into both the Why Not and Kings - just for a laugh - and both were entertaining.
snow report
My (only) advice, dont get married simples Puzzled

congratulations, honestly, Very Happy
snow conditions
I always call into the Maisalm, though that's just for an apple strudel!

I will be checking out everywhere that I've just taken for granted in the past.

Thanks for the tip re the gemeinde and the Hinterhag (though it could be a budget-breaker).

I'm over in January, so will try to do as much reconnaissance as possible...though I'm not sure what the students I am leading around will think of that!
snow report
I've seen a couple of wedding parties at the Panorama Alm in summer and winter. Stunning setting and good ain't too bad either
snow report
It seems to be a very unique idea of getting married in Saalbach. Never had any experience about organizing a wedding there but I would suggest you to check out directory sites where you can easily get an idea about the hotels, venues, catering which are must for a wedding. Recently for my sister's wedding we were in search of wedding venues in the south Florida area as we were new to South Florida and was not having any idea about wedding venue and all, then after searching on listing sites we came across Boca Raton wedding venues which was according to our budget and requirements.
latest report
Nick,
My wife and I married in Zell Am See January 2015 and honeymooned in Hinterglemm. We arranged everything through Inghams and stayed in the Heitzmann in Zell, everything was simple and easy as long as the correct documentation was obtained in the Uk and forwarded to the Austrian govt.If you want any advice please pm.
Good luck,
Andy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy