Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serious Gastro Stop over town & dog friendly hotel!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Made the mistake of booking to late for the tunnel and not realising it was the start of the holidays - so we ended up yesterday with very long queues for the checkin.

I've never ever seen it so busy - nigh on gridlock from just off the motorway to the checkin, then to the terminal then on through passport control.

Usually we never travel at the weekend especially high season, the scheduled 11:20 we were booked on was delayed until 12:40, that said they announced three letters at a time and as we'd parked up in the high vehicle section we were able to make a rapid escape from the terminal and as there were not too many high sided vehicles we ended up on an earlier train than our schedule one and what with the delays we came off at Calais only 45min behind schedule.

I'd already booked a hotel that we had stayed in some 20 odd years ago in Tournus in the Bourgogne, just North of Macon - so some six hours from Calais.

The superb room was only €67 plus €6 for the dogs.

Tournus is slap bang in the middle of the Bourgogne and there are many hotels only a mile or so off the autoroute and really easy to find etc

We'd booked a table in the bistro part of the hotel and were able to take the dogs down to the table and in fact the owner had her Labrador and another couple theirs. The waiter actually brought the dogs a bowl of water before we got a drink!

The menu is seriously gastronomic and the food is akin to MasterChef professionals - I had the most sensational Hamburger de Foie gras de Canard à la façon d’Olivier

In the morning I was looking at some guide books and was trying to get my head around the number of hotels and restaurants - in Tournus alone there are three Michelin star restaurants!!

In the summer the whole of the Bourgogne is awash with people visiting the vineyards and caves in the five distinct wine regions that make up the Bourgogne.

So if you don't mind pushing the boat out a little it's a great stop over !

Link to hotel http://www.hotel-restaurant-terminus-tournus.fr/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy