Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Euros or lev for bulgaria?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Going to Bulgaria in February. I know currency there is lev, but see lots of places and websites advertising in euros. Do places accept euros?

So should I take only lev, or should I take a few euros too just in case?

Cheers! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've always taken lev. If you change money in resort use only a bank or the booths with the Crown logo. Others can be dodgy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lev 100%
I use Revolut card so just take money out from ATM.
One of the reps might be able to change money for you on the "black market"
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year I took lev with me. I was able to get extra lev from ATM using a Euro bank card at a sensible conversion rate.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
last time I was there (long ago) they preferred 'hard' cash i.e. £/$/Euro
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would usually take pounds (habitually, unmarked ten pound notes - a throwback from the 'hard cash' days) and change at the bank or proper booth & get any extra levs I might need from the cash point. Wouldn't bother with euros.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I took levs, then just used the ATM to get more when needed,didn't get a terrible rate and was all fine, would stay away from the booths, just looks a bit off to me
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
use lev, more places are taking cards now but its a bit hit and miss. Don't get your levs here in the uk the rate is poor, also don't change them at the airport another poor rate. The 'Crown' booths are 100% ok and they're open till late at night, there are a number of them in the resort.

Atms in the Hotel Rila, Ella, by the gondola, and half way up the main drag. Ive always found the rates to be good often better than the change booths, but remember the card fees.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I only used lev's there in Jan, all with Halifax Clarity card from ATM. Best rates/option if you can get one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy