Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One for the Ladies - No ot Merino Undies!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning All.

OK so looking to buy the O/H some winter boots for upcoming trip.

Need to be super warm, stylish, long, and great grips.

First boot that comes to mind is Sorel Joan of Arctic, but the grips don't look that great.

Any opinions / suggestions??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If by grips you mean the soles? then yes you are correct as they are the same as my sorel boots and they are pretty crap at keeping you upright.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does she have incredibly predictable feet? Usually you have to try on quite a few pairs before finding the right fit.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both

She will be going to try on. Shes tried Sorel JOA's so far, loved them but wasn't convinced at all that soles will be grip. Heading to Lapland, so there will be snow! OK so I know we studded rubber ice grips to add after but that's just a pain Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PaulC1984, I've found my Sorel Joan of Arctic to be absolutely fine in ice and snow. If I wear my walking boots, I do have snow chains for them, but don't need them with my Sorels.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, Sorel boots fine for me too and I've never slipped or fallen when wearing them whilst sober
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cool thank you.

Looks good so far than (and she doesn't drink so safe @miranda, ) Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I was in Lapland last there wasn't any problem with grip, I was just in my normal street leather/goretx 'tactical' boots, normal cleated walking-type sole. I also took a pair of stiffer alpine, scrambling or mountaineering boots, but they were no better or worse. Whatever works in other ski resorts or in UK will work there as long as you're not in deep stuff - and then the waterproofness and height is the real issue.
Main problem there is that it can get very very cold: then having room for extra socks and/or thermal liners and having the right kind of very warm socks can come into play.
I have tried Sorels and Kamiks, both good boots and rated to -40 apparently, but they don't fit my narrow feet at all.
German, Swedish, Finnish or maybe British miliary Extreme Cold Weather/Arctic boots.... wink Designed for it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Grizzler, thanks for this.

Yes we are going in new year so will be super cold, so preparing for it. Got usual merino socks, bases, Thermic boot warmers etc with extra soles to drop out of ski boots and into walk about wear, im not too bad woth cold feet but OH is so warmer boot to start with the better Happy

Going to pop and try sorel tonight. Exxpozed have them on sale for 85 atm so fingers crossed the ones shes tries tonight do her Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy