Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kranjska Gora in Slovenia has been named the best-value family ski resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody been there?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/articles/revealed-kranjska-gora-the-best-value-family-ski-resort/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, did 4 years with the family in Slovenia, the first year just at Vogel and then next 3 years based in Bled at a great place when they minibused you to a number of resorts in the week, depending on conditions etc and for variety, of which Kranska Gora was one so must have been 3 or 4 times. It's quite low altitude, so good on a bad weather days. It's star attraction is the area around the Podkoren World Cup run, some really good red and black terrain, but also has a good beginners area and most of the hotels seem to be a short walk from the slopes. Unless you're fairly new to skiing then it might get a bit repetitive for a whole week as it's only about 25/30km of slopes I think, but other Slov resorts and some in Austria are close by if you wanted a change.

Tuition is good value, private instructors were circa €100-120 a day IIRC as is slope side food.

I'm heading back to Slovenia for a long weekend with the lads in January and looking forward to it, it just needs some real snow to supplement to the cannon fodder.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Has it got a lot of snow?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
emwmarine wrote:
Has it got a lot of snow?

No
http://www.bergfex.com/kranjska-gora/webcams/c5465/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not at the moment, like most places that aren't at very high altitude. When are you thinking of going, I wouldnt recommmned it for this coming weekend, but one assumes it will snow before too long
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@boredsurfin, my stepD did a couple of seasons in Kransjka Gora. She said the prices were very reasonable and the people were very friendly, she really enjoyed her time there.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went with some friends a few years back. It was good value in that we got a hotel (half board), with swimming pool close to the slopes for the same sort of price as a tiny weeny apartment in France.

But, the snow was rubbish - it didn't snow all week, you had to steer round the bare patches and puddles on the drag lifts. There was some snowmaking (overnight I think), but not on every slope every day. I guess this can happen anywhere, but compared to my other experiences of warm weeks in France, this was much worse piste conditions.

There's two sides of the mountain, and beginners can't get between them without a long walk/taxi, which is a shame, as there's a load of nice learners slopes on the far side away from the town, which are obviously much quieter as none of the beginners can get over there. We took a taxi one day and it turned out to be a very wise investment, had a much better day than trying to navigate the crowded beginners slopes near the village. Pretty much had the pistes to ourselves and made much more progress. There was also some floodlit night skiing which one of my friends got rather excited about.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You're right, the slopes on the far side of Podkoren are very quiet and very gentle blues, ideal for beginners bar the fact that there is a dirty great black run to navigate there by skis!

It wouldn't be good if it was warm and no snow as it's very low altitude even by Slovenia standards. They always used to have a icebar igloo on the slopes every year, which was quite cool (pun intended)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Im suspicious of this!
I read it in the Telegraph and digested it and said hmmm good job , maybe worth a look if taking the kids etc etc etc. All very positive.
BUT i was in the pub earlier and several of the sports channels were "promoting" same during the adverts and was almost every advert.
I reckon article and TV adverts are part of a heavily funded(paid for) campaign

Pity as it was always on my radar to visit , would be less keen after tonight
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is cheap for a reason. It is low, gets little snowfall, and has a short season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy