Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski - "Your Account System Down"

Poster: A snowHead
Booked my first TO ski holiday, previously we have always done it ourselves - something I am beginning to regret now.

Nov 26th we got an email with a ink to down load our travel documents......

It links us thro' to a page where we are told:-

"... We're currently experiencing some technical issues with this area of our website.
Our team are working on getting these fixed as soon as we can, however it's taking longer than planned. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused ...."

I have emailed their "team" and all you get back is a standard reply stating that they will fix it as soon as possible & to try again later......

You have the option if you are travelling before the 20th Dec to phone.... However we leave on 24th......

So here we are December 13th, 18 days later and they still haven;t sorted out their web page problems....
Hmmmm one does wonder if there is more to it, with their using Monarch or problems within Crystal....
Very nervous, as we haven't booked airport parking or for a change I was going to book an airport lounge - as they insist on you giving your flights & times (which we don;t have) ...

Has anyone else gone thro' or experiencing this ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you saying the link hasn't worked since Nov 26th to today?

And that is the only way of accessing your travel documents?

Seems highly unlikely - there must be people going out this week for example.

Is the link a generic one where you have to enter your booking ref or a direct URL straight to your docs?

Have you tried Twitter or Facebook. Can be useful for this sort of thing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmm - that is unusual and worrying. I'm booked with them in early Jan; never had problems before. I have my invoices, travel 'pack' etc (though can't access that to print it off as it's the bit which you can't log into at the moment) etc but just not my tickets to print off yet.
Have you tried phoning (I guess that they're pretty busy)? I would have thought that you could pick up tickets at airport as last resort or that they can e-mail them to you (these days it's only an A4 piece of paper anyway). I wouldn't ever rely on them answering your e-mails if they're busy - phone them now and find out what the issue is (and be prepared to hang on if necessary!).
Hope that it works out OK for you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd phone. Once you get talking to someone you've a better chance of making progress. Besides, what's the worst that'll happen if you phone?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm headed out this Saturday (17th) to Val Thorens and am in the same boat. I called Crystal and they said that I can check in to the Thomson flight with a copy of my invoice.

Like the OP, i normally arrange myself, so this is not convincing me that TO is better!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Crystal app won't let me log in either and we go on Saturday. There's plenty of snow though so don't need to worry about that. I've locked horns with Crystal before and when they realise that you won't settle for their usual fobbing off, they do tend to jump through the necessary hoops. Keep on at them.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Layne wrote:
Are you saying the link hasn't worked since Nov 26th to today?

Their Customer Accounts system has been down for at least 2-3 weeks, despite messages claiming it would be back up "soon". Seems rather strange that they can't seem to fix it as frankly it's not that extensive when you do get in. Just allows you to download your flight tickets, resort info etc.

We're not flying until 27th but if the system isn't up by the end of this week I'll be phoning them. Not letting it drag until the run in to Xmas. Why they can't just proactively email everyone their docs I don't know.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.crystalski.co.uk/ya-message/
Quote:

We're currently experiencing some technical issues with this area of our website.

Our team are working on getting these fixed as soon as we can, however it's taking longer than planned. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

For holiday payments

To make a payment please call us on 020 8939 0726. We’re open 7 days a week.

For travel documents

If you're due to depart on 10th or 13th of December, and you haven't already downloaded or printed your tickets, please call us on 020 8939 0726 and we’ll ensure you have everything you need.

For information about your resort

You can use the Ski Explorer App to access recommended ski routes, maps, a guide to your resort and much more. It’s free to download on iOS and Android

So it seems you can call them if necessary. Odd and crappy but from what I understand Crystal is a bit like that.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have exactly the same situation flying this Saturday. Eventually (after 5 attempts over 2 days-for at least 20mins each!) spoke to them today. Advised ok if we take the 4 page invoice to check in. Bit uncomfortable with that but as charter flight/package assume will be ok(have no other option) . Also gave me the 24hr flight problem number :01582644100 if there was a problem at the airport. As their IT has not been working for some time I would have expected some investment in customer service phone operators / email tickets out etc!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 ^^^ Neither the website or explorer app is working so they are kindly letting people travel with just the invoice. You can always rely on Crystal to make a complete hash of at least one part of your holiday. I hope this is the only thing they mess up.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I must admit, I always just assume these days that if I hand over my passport at check-in, their computer system will pick up my booking. At the most you may need a reference number.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It comes back online every now and again for short periods - I managed to log on one day last week to pay the balance on my booking. A few hours later it had gone off again though.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Layne wrote:
So it seems you can call them if necessary. Odd and crappy but from what I understand Crystal is a bit like that.

I've been twice with Crystal and not had an issue either time...although I'm not really that demanding, if the plane lands, a bus takes me to the resort and there's a bed and lift pass waiting then I'm happy.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
Layne wrote:

I've been twice with Crystal and not had an issue either time...although I'm not really that demanding, if the plane lands, a bus takes me to the resort and there's a bed and lift pass waiting then I'm happy.

Likewise.

I've been with Crystal for over 20 years and not had a problem like that. Their transfers to the resort can be a bit chaotic at times, but have found staff generally pleasant, helpful and competent.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Same problem when I was trying to pay the balance for my March holiday. Got through by phone eventually. The website contained messages saying things to the effect that "don't worry your holiday is completely safe" and "we're part of the TUI group and are in great financial shape", which I found less than reassuring as they had to mention it!!
snow report
@Big Dave, maybe Crystal are suffering the same effects that forced Mark Warner to invoke their surcharge clause?
latest report
All the Crystal Reps are poncing around Tignes with iPads, seemingly that's how they do everything, hope they get if fixed so you get the experience that, as Snoody says, is what's required.
snow report
The app is still working on my phone.
ski holidays
I am in exactly the same situation - also departing on the 24th, and getting the same message when attempting to log into my account. Will give them a ring to find out what needs done.

Also....I haven't booked my lift pass yet. It costs £206pp and needs to be paid for at least 3 days prior to departure. Problem is that I am a little reluctant to hand over £206pp when there are currently only 3/69 lifts operating in the area (2 of which are magic carpets). With very little (none) snow forecast before we get there, it's highly unlikely that many more lifts will open.

What do Crystal generally offer in this type of scenario? A refund? Transport you to and from another resort (that DOES have snow) on a daily basis?

In my mind the resort (Flaine) will be offering heavily reduced lift passes if the situation doesn't improve, which makes wonder whether I need to risk booking my lift pass through Crystal, who want the full £206.
snow conditions
@mikeycharlton, I don't use Crystal so can't comment on their policies. However have a look at the Grand Massif website and see how much the lift passes cost there and check family deals if you are travelling with children. The Crystal price sounds on the high side even if there was a good snow covering. Given the current snow conditions it might be best to leave lift pass purchasing till you are there and know how many runs are open.
latest report
@snowymum, £206 is just Crystal's standard adult 6 day Grand Massif pass - assuming 'most' lifts are open.

I've seen on Flaine's website that if there are 4 of you including at least 1 child, then you all pay child rate. Unfortunately we don't fit this criteria as we are only 2 adults and 1 child.

Flaine are currently offering a 6 day adult lift pass for 109Euro - which obviously reflects the poor conditions and is about 50% less than Crystal want. Think I need to email them and find out when this 109Euro deal expires.
ski holidays
Just to confirm doubting Thomas's
YES their system has been "down" since November 26th.

Just had a reply to my last queiry...
This does not fill me full of confidence...I will be phoning...
My wife will go ballistic.... Normally by now I have had all documents for months and have timings down to the minute...

".....We're still having technical issues with the account section of our website and we're trying to fix it as soon as we can. Due to this we are unable to access the tickets at the moment, though our IT team are working on fixing this and the system may well be up and running before your departure.

In case it isn’t, customers are fine to take a printed copy of their most recent invoice and their passport to the airport check-in desk. This is because your flights are charter ones and we provide all booking information to the airline before the departure date and nothing physically needs to be presented except your passport which will be swiped at check-in.

I therefore attach a copy of your last confirmation invoice as requested.

Kind regards,....."

I can just imagine the que behind me, whilst trying to explain with only an invoice to prove anything...
I apologise now to anyone held up at Bristol Airport on the 24th (Not the calmest of days to travel), behind an irate customer with skis...
ski holidays
@scotspikey, is that a Crystal app ?...
ski holidays
@noisey, I don't think you will be alone with your printed invoice. In fact I suspect you'll be in the majority.
snow conditions
Crystal have been good on the admin in the past so a concern that they have a system down for so long
snow report
The Crystal App is working for me at the moment. We still have more than 28 days before we travel, so I can't download them though.
snow report
The Crystal app is working but it won't let me use the booking details to log in which usually customises it to where you are going. When I spoke to them earlier she said that app wasn't working but they were hopeful of having everything back up soon rolling eyes
snow report
It's showing our flight details, accommodation, extras booked etc. on the App on my phone at the moment - I must admit I've not looked at it since setting it up a few weeks ago to know how consistently it works.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It sounds like it works if you logged in before this gremlin struck but won't let new users log in. I've used it before and it's pretty good when you can log in. It won't spoil my enjoyment of the snow and the wonderful hospitality I know we will get from Saturday
latest report
mikeycharlton wrote:
@snowymum, £206 is just Crystal's standard adult 6 day Grand Massif pass - assuming 'most' lifts are open.

Which is more expensive than if you walked up to the lift pass office and resort and bought a full price lift pass at today's exchange rate, never mind the possibility of any discount Happy
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
mikeycharlton wrote:

Which is more expensive than if you walked up to the lift pass office and resort and bought a full price lift pass at today's exchange rate, never mind the possibility of any discount Happy

Wrong. A walk up GM 6 day pass is 246euro.
ski holidays
mikeycharlton wrote:
@noisey, I don't think you will be alone with your printed invoice. In fact I suspect you'll be in the majority.

Sounds normal enough. Passports that match the booking names have been all we've needed the last couple of years travelling with tour operators. I wouldn't worry. I assume you have the times and codes on the invoice, so you've got all the information you need.
ski holidays
I'm departing 24th as well. Currently can't get my docs either but really not bothered. The resort info pack is full of crap and last few years we have been with them the checkin desk just took our passports. I will take the invoice copy with me just incase.
snow conditions
@mikeycharlton, I always buy my pass on the transfer bus (having checked that it is the same as the 'in resort' price..)
latest report
A few years ago I knew the passes in resort were 10euros cheaper per person than through the tour company so decided to get them myself (hardly a chore). The 'rep' wouldn't leave us alone on the bus, saying it was only 30 euros more in total so what was the issue (money better in my bank than theirs).
The following year I bought the passes online direct with ski resort as my son got a free pass due to his age (tour company wanted to charge him!). Rep again ademant that we had to buy from him on the bus. I showed him our pre bought tickets and he barely spoke to us all week.
Shop around and check the prices & don't be buried into paying more by your 'rep'
snow conditions
Do Crystal still make the same effort to transport you to a nearby resort that DOES have snow regardless of whether you bought your lift pass through them or directly with the resort?

Problem with buying a lift pass directly from the resort is that even if Crystal transport you somewhere else your lift pass won't work there.

At least with Crystal you know that if you've bought the lift pass with them and they take you to a nearby resort, your lift pass will work there.
latest report
@mikeycharlton, or just buy the lift pass when you get to the resort with snow. Assuming you've not bought the pass in advance.

Occasionally in the past we have bought the pass from the TO and been given a voucher to take to a lift co desk to exchange for a lift pass, so no benefit really.
latest report
@mikeycharlton, I think you'd be best off phoning Crystal and asking what their arrangements would be if there is no further snow between now and your holiday. In your position having left it to this stage, I'd probably wait and buy the pass at the beginning of the holiday depending whether Crystal or resort offering cheaper deal on the day. Then you will not have a problem if they do change any of the arrangements due to snow conditions.
snow report
tele wrote:
A few years ago I knew the passes in resort were 10euros cheaper per person than through the tour company so decided to get them myself (hardly a chore). The 'rep' wouldn't leave us alone on the bus, saying it was only 30 euros more in total so what was the issue (money better in my bank than theirs).
The following year I bought the passes online direct with ski resort as my son got a free pass due to his age (tour company wanted to charge him!). Rep again ademant that we had to buy from him on the bus. I showed him our pre bought tickets and he barely spoke to us all week.
Shop around and check the prices & don't be buried into paying more by your 'rep'

I haven't used a TO for a number of years but that is the sort of sh*t that used to wind us up. I kind of understand it in a way. They are in business to make money and a lot of punters think they are doing them a favour so why not. It was more their incredulity that some of their clients would decline. And even worse, the fact that when there was a problem with the transfer, the chalet or the food many were next to useless. The bigger operators inevitably tend to be the worst. Anyway we just DIY at the moment so i just charge myself 10% and take myself for a bar crawl one evening Happy
ski holidays
@mikeycharlton,

I think it's likely Crystal will provide the same lift pass deal as is available in resort (perhaps keeping any small profit). Check on the bus whether they are no more expensive then any other way to get the lift pass and decide then. Last Christmas in Alpe d'Huez I was able to cancel ski carriage due to the weather and I didn't get a lift pass but bought a couple of day passes instead (others regretted not having done similar). The resort extended the off slope activities included with the lift pass and slightly reduced the price due to the weather and these both applied to anyone with a pass i.e. through a TO or direct (at least I believe those who had paid the full pass price got a part-refund).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy