Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TOG ratings for gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was wondering with so many people suffering from cold hands and some people me included have really warm hands why don't the big companies have a TOG rating for their gloves? as I would of thought this would be very helpful and stop the guess work for customers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably because it's a UK only unit and would require additional testing/certification by the Shirley Institute?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I once had a pair that were 24.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mosha Marc, Laughing Laughing yeah I guess early morning ideas should stay in my head.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@meandrew, so one can tell between summer, spring and winter ski gloves? Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was thinking more like how sleeping bags are rated it's just with the number of people on here asking for recommendations I wouldn't of thought it would be that hard to implement. @under a new name, i think the spring,summer and winter scale is too vague for some people maybe.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@meandrew, it's not such a terrible idea really, but given the costs of some gloves I doubt there's the margin for costs of testing and further complicated in that a glove is, somewhat, a system - whereas if WikiP is to be believed, duvets are tested without covers, etc.

I think I could tell you how warm a glove will be just by handling it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, yep I agree up to a point but I think it would take out the guessing part like in sleeping bags if it says range from -5 to -15 you wouldn't take it to the Artic expecting it to perform in -25 and also you could say a sleeping bag is part of a system layers but they still rate them...just a thought Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, there can't be much margin in sleeping bags cost wise compared to gloves you can get 4+ season sleeping bags for the price of top gloves.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@meandrew, unfortunately there is no consistent standard for the rating of sleeping bags that all manufacturers use, hence you get sleeping bags advertised with rating that are the "extreme" limit but with the implication that you'll be comfy, not just surviving.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy