Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boots / Ski Helmet Hand Luggage Bag

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a suitable item of luggage for taking a ski helmet and ski boots on as hand luggage, need a bit of room for a few other items of clothing and bits and bobs in there too. I'm travelling with BA and max dimensions are 55x45x25cm. Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/shop/products/2016-17_Dakine_Fall_Line_190_Double_Ski_Bag.htm

Here what I use. Get loads in.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.extremepie.com/en-UK/Dakine-Concourse-Double-200cm-Skis-Bag/p3250826.htm?colour=Tabor&sku=328457&productid=95645&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20API&gclid=CMmfif7f7tACFamT7QodKiAHEw

Or try this!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good luck getting those on as hand luggage! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@daveqpr, you get that on as hand luggage? Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Might struggle to get one of those through as hand luggage Wink
Might also struggle to get a helmet and boots into one compliant bag. Could always clip the helmet to something on the outside? Seen others do that with no problem.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bendiddley, Dakine do two bags - both 55 litres and both meet the BA and easyJet dimensions (just, but I've never been asked to ram it into the cage thing). I have the one called Departure and I've also seen the slightly more expensive DLX Cargo. I can just get by with the Departure for a 2 night ski trip as it holds boots and bits and a change of clothing no bother. Helmet is another matter because I'm not in that club.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep first two won't fit in the overhead compartment lol. Thanks for links pruman but needs to include helmet. Anyone else with ideas...?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I bought a 'cabin bag' from Snow n Rock, whih was supposed to be ok for pretty much all airlines, and would comfortably fit my new boots. It was great, but it already weighed 4.5kgs empty! I sent it back, since I had a cabin-ok wheelie bag already, and my boots will fit in there. I plan to try and see if my helmet will fit over the 'leg' portion of one of the boots. I'll report back.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charliegolf wrote:
I bought a 'cabin bag' from Snow n Rock, whih was supposed to be ok for pretty much all airlines, and would comfortably fit my new boots. It was great, but it already weighed 4.5kgs empty! I sent it back, since I had a cabin-ok wheelie bag already, and my boots will fit in there. I plan to try and see if my helmet will fit over the 'leg' portion of one of the boots. I'll report back.

Cheers.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
@daveqpr, you get that on as hand luggage? Puzzled Puzzled

mis read the hand luggage requirement Doh!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://tinyurl.com/z22zrpb
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Salomon Go To Gear bag. Use this for hand luggage, although I usually stick my helmet in my hold luggage. It's a bit of a squeeze for getting a helmet in there, but is it possible. I suspect that with a helmet it's going to be too fat if you are asked to put it in the hand luggage gauge, but I've never been asked to do that.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar you are right, when fully loaded its going to be to big for hand luggage restrictions:

Ryanair: You can carry one cabin bag weighing up to 10 kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, plus 1 small bag up to 35 x 20 x 20 onboard the aircraft.

Easyjet: ONE cabin bag, Maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels

BA: The maximum size of the handbag/laptop bag is now 40cm x 30cm x 15cm (16in x 12in x 6in). The size of the additional cabin bag remains unchanged and should be no larger than 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (22in x 18in x 10in). Both bags can weigh up to 23kgs (51lb) each.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
vjmehra wrote:
rob@rar you are right, when fully loaded its going to be to big for hand luggage restrictions
Which is why I don't stuff it too full when I use it for hand luggage. Nornally it's a pair of boots, laptop and a few bits and bobs for the flight (wallet, passport, phone, headphones, water bottle, etc). I think I have previously squeezed the helmet in to one of the boot pockets by placing it over the top of the boot, which would reduce the sickness of the pack somewhat. For hand luggage (as well as carrying boots up the hill if you don't want to boot-up at the bottom) it's the best pack I've seen.
ski holidays
TBH, I'd imagine most of the time you'd get through anyway...its just those annoying times when they are super strict!
snow conditions
vjmehra wrote:
TBH, I'd imagine most of the time you'd get through anyway...its just those annoying times when they are super strict!
I've been using that bag for about four or five years and never had an issue. Mostly I fly BA or Swiss and they've never asked me to measure the bag. Can't remember if I've flown on Easyjet with it, but generally I've stopped worrying about the size.
snow report
See this thread from a couple of weeks ago http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=128177&start=40
snow conditions
Themasterpiece wrote:
See this thread from a couple of weeks ago http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=128177&start=40

Lol That was my post! I'm now just looking for luggage recommendations for carrying boots and helmet. I also already know about the restrictions as I mention this at the beginning. Thanks for the ones that have already been mentioned I will look into those options. Keep em coming if you have any others. Cheers.
snow conditions
I have a Dakine Boot Pack. It's perfect for boots and helmet. I can get my jacket and trousers t-shirt and gloves in there as well, so it's perfect really for both flying out to the mountains but also for short sessions in the snow dome.

https://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/dakine-boot-pack-50/136105414/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=3328191&country=uk&gclid=CJCx0IT88NACFca77QodqYkHnQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

£52, apparently
ski holidays
dp wrote:
I have a Dakine Boot Pack. It's perfect for boots and helmet. I can get my jacket and trousers t-shirt and gloves in there as well, so it's perfect really for both flying out to the mountains but also for short sessions in the snow dome.

https://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/dakine-boot-pack-50/136105414/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=3328191&country=uk&gclid=CJCx0IT88NACFca77QodqYkHnQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

£52, apparently

Thanks but unfortunately it's too deep at 36cm. BA's max is 25cm.
snow conditions
with regard to helmet , i have carried it clipped to the snokart , or used it as my second bag

we have managed more than once to get 3 weeks gear plus skis boots etc to the USA on BA using the standard baggage allowance , however you need to be frugal and creative in your packing

helmets do pose the biggest issue if traveling alone so not having a big bag .
ski holidays
I pack a carry-on with boots + other items. I've always then clipped the helmet to the outside of the case. Never had any issue with EasyJet, even when they once asked to double check the dimensions of my case. I un-clipped the helmet, put my case into their gauge (with some force) and was let through. I've seen some people wearing them whilst going through the gate. I think most staff don't want the "But it's an item of clothing!" argument so aren't too strict about it.
snow report
bendiddley wrote:
dp wrote:

£52, apparently

Thanks but unfortunately it's too deep at 36cm. BA's max is 25cm.

I've carried it on BA loads of times.

Basically, in my experience, anyone with kit on their back is not one of the people taking the proverbial. Those, you could say, 'extracting the urine', are normally those trying to wheel a bag the size of a shopping trolley on as hand luggage. (And for some reason I find the aircrew seldom tell them no which is why people continue to push the boundaries).

In my experience, if you can get it on your back then you'll never get pulled up over it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy