Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving route from dunkerque to kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please could those "in the know" help me with a route from dunkerque to kitzbuhel? Is there roadworks on the A3 between frankfurt and nurnburg? I did the journey twice last year and went across Belgium and Germany via Brussels, koln, frankfurt,wurzburg,nurnburg and Munich and if I try and find the route again on the sat nav and viamichelin I'm being routed from near bonn southwards towards stuttgart. Basically I'm just after any useful info on the journey. I'm looking to drive overnight with no stopover.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try google maps and use frankfurt as a waypoint and it will give roughly the route you used before
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Funnily enough Google will give me that route as standard but I just wanted to see if anyone has a better way to go and new why most sat navs etc seem to send you any which way except on the A3 at the moment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Via Luxembourg is my preferred route now, to Stuttgart and then across the A8 to Munich. Going on the A3, Frankfurt can be a major jam, and it's longer.

The A8 still has roadworks, but they're usually suspended over winter so the biggest issue with either route is getting around Munich.

Basically, avoid rush hour transits of major cities and you'll be OK.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Via Luxembourg is my preferred route now

+1

A good place to spend the night (if you need to) is the Ibis Luxembourg Sud.

To save a few miles I always go cross country from just past Pirmasens to Karlsruhe. And, beware, on the return journey you'll find almost no petrol stations in Germany as you get closer to the cheaper gas of Luxembourg.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies Very Happy Ive decided to go the stuttgart route and miss the frankfurt chaos Smile I think the roadworks are causing delays and the prospect of fighting monster trucks for lane space doesn't appeal. Just need the white stuff to come and then happy days Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy