Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler 2016-2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was up at Whistler for US ThxGiving. It was a slow start snow-wise but a couple of days before the lifts opened, it really started snowing. Ended up being one of the best ThxGiving's we've had up there (from 12 I think!). Epic deep snow, especially by Saturday. About 2m in 4 days.

Lots of pics at https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2016/12/02/rolling-in-the-deep-whistler-201617-starts-with-a-pow-deluge/

We're heading up again in a week - with Edge Cards we ski free until December 16th. Nice deal - sure Vail will screw that one up next year!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gortonator Great pics! Looks good. Was toying with the idea of heading up to Whistler next week but most likely will stay stateside. Was in London for Thanksgiving. The misses enjoyed that favorable exchange rate for once! Here's to a white Christmas!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, Powder Mountain Cats/ Heli have already pulled their opening date forward, and are about to do it some more. The snow is on the ground, the roads are built... it looks like the long term forecasters were right. Early last season (I drove on past Whistler) was "10 year best" conditions in the Rockies with lots of stable quality powder. It looks like it's going to be another good one.

The brextremist people would have to be insane not to have had hedged their currency risk wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apparently one death already in Whistler: a snowboarder went beyond the edge of a marked trail (but, as I understand it still within the ski area: I'm not sure if it was marked as out of bounds, though) and fell into the recent unconsolidated new snow and was buried.

Be careful in early season conditions.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Acacia wrote:
Apparently one death already in Whistler: a snowboarder went beyond the edge of a marked trail (but, as I understand it still within the ski area: I'm not sure if it was marked as out of bounds, though) and fell into the recent unconsolidated new snow and was buried.

Be careful in early season conditions.

That's sad news indeed. I was thinking about tree wells today while riding the new powder. Made sure to keep a healthy distance. Lots of terrain has not fully filled in yet. Lots of creeks, fallen logs, boulders etc. to create some serious issues if not careful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
where were you today Toadman? We're at Crystal hoping for dumpage tonight, Whistler next weekend.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gortonator, was up at Crystal. You lucked out with your choice! 18" of freshies! (although looking at the reported snow totals for the Cascades, you couldn't go wrong wherever you ended up!)Not able to get after it today. Hoping for some this coming Thursday and Friday though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it was deep. Quite epic ...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy