Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap short break.

Poster: A snowHead
Gidday Folks,

Stupid question here and I'm sure it's been asked before. I'm a bit short on holidays and cash this year as I'm getting married in Mauritius at the end of the year.
I am heading up to Nevis Range next weekend but looks like I'll be walking in the hills rather than skiing looking at the snow conditions although I read on this site a couple of people saying snow can come in pretty fast north of the boarder so you never know.
My question is, does anyone know of a good short break place to go in Europe thats cheap and has good snow in the beginning of April. Needs to be pretty close to an airport as I don't want to spend to many hrs on transfers.

Cheers guys,

Great site buy the way.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kiwi1, i have done a weeknd trip to Chamonix that time of year in the past and had great skiing, officially i think the resort closes early May.

v quick transfer but not always easy to get really cheap flights to geneva

plenty of accomodation that you can book just for a few nights
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you can get v cheap flights to Salzburg although certainty of snow is debatable.

I went last week for £5.99 each way + taxes, hired a car and stayed at my mate's B&B for EURO23 per night inc. breakfast .....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've just booked a long weekend to Alpe D'Huez for last week in March. £50 return to Grenoble with Ryanair, Apartment which will sleep 4 (but there are only 2 of us) from Expedia for £24 a night, transfer from airport should be around £25. So for 4 nights stay its costing us £125 each.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kiwi1, As per ADH, LDA is cheap and close. Grenoble airport have a number of flights now, we have excellent late skiiing, and you can get a bus from the airport to the town, and thence one up the mountain. You need to check timetables, but it's only about 5€ to LDA from Grenoble!!! We have loads of economy accommodation, but if it's after easter you could do worse that try the hotel les lutins right in the centre of town. B & B, and if you check out the PSB thread on "Snow Events" you;ll see that many snowheads had a good time there. If it's easter you're better off in an apartment, you can look at the LDA tourist office website www.les2alpes.com or try mine which has details of recommended apartments. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kiwi1, I suspect you'll find flights to Geneva for that time quite costly now. Consider flying to Salzburg, Turin or Zurich. Lots of nearby ski resorts to these places which should have snow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, do you have a link for transfer info (timetables etc) Grenoble - LDA?

Cheers,

Anthony
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kiwi1, do you not like long transfers or do you want short transfers because you need to maximise your annual leave by skiing on your travel days Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
slikedges, Gidday, I just would rather get as much time up the montain as pos and not on a transfer. I figure if I fly out early on a Thurs and back on Mon night, I'll two half days in hence short flights and short transfers.

Thanks for all you help guys. Charlotte, I'll be in touch.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kiwi1, something that I have done twice before now is with these people. They are cheap and maximise your time on the slopes and obviously take you straight to the hotel. Fits a lot of your criteria. For instance, you would leave the UK at 6:00pm ish on a Thurs and get back at 07:30 am ish on a Monday, so you could only need to take 1 day off work for 3 full days skiing in the 3 valleys.

An ability to sleep anywhere is an advantage on overnight coach travel. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kiwi1, I suspected that's what you were driving at. Your problem is finding flights that leave early enough to airports where there are resorts near enough to give you useful time on the slopes on the day of arrival. Not so much of a problem on the return day. The destination airports I suggested in my first post have usable flights from the London area and their choice of resorts you can rentacar and drive to is extensive. Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kiwi1, there's a flight out of Stansted to Turin early in the morning around 7am, and a return one at 10pm at night. There's a choice of resorts from there, Sestriere, Claviere, Montgenvre, Serre Chevalier. We've arrived in Serre Che by 12.00 from Turin on that flight. Afternoons skiing on the first day and a full day on your return.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kiwi1,

If you can get over to La Clusaz in the next couple of weeks we are doing a 3 day midweek catered chalet holiday including transfers for £200pp. Or 300pp for a long weekend.

Flights £70 INC TAX return from luton with easyjet (6-9 feb) at the moment too! Blush

Take a look at www.gravite.co.uk, or contact us direct at dave@gravite.co.uk.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
antpj, Transfer details are here
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Colin B, thanks
ski holidays
antpj, Buses from Grenoble town to LDA are www.vfd.fr and look at line 3030. Buses from airport to Grenoble town go very regularly - should also find them on VFD website. If not try http://www.grenoble-airport.com/IMG/pdf/Grenoble-2Alpes05-06-2.pdf for LDA and http://www.grenoble-airport.com/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=53 for buses to Grenoble.
Sorry - just seen that the regular bus deals are as per Colin B, said!!

Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
easiski, The transfers shown from Grenoble to LDA and ADH on the airport site seem remarkably frequent and I believe inexpensive. Are they really that good (I'm off to ADH at the end of March)?
latest report
Colin B, Yes. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Xscape always snow no messing with airports quite cheap Toofy Grin
snow report
bootneck,

Not as good as we have in the mountains! Good for a quick fix though!!
Can't beat french food and wine too! Razz

www.gravite.co.uk
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy