Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski school in Les deux alpes ?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, we are off to les deux alpes over Christmas and need to sort ski school out. We have used Esf the last couple of times we have been (diff resorts) and were thinking should we just use them this time too or are there any recommendations ? We are travelling with Neilson but I'm not sure who they use ? Thanks for any help 😀
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was impressed by ESI, where my kids a great time with a 6'5" Italian called Luca.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Luca hasn't been with ESI for years, now with Firstrax, but hé badly injured himself this summer not sure when he'll be back.

From my L2A thread
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2963505&highlight=#2963505

If you want British instruction there are several options -
- Easiski (Charlotte) has been here a long time and has many SH fans
- European Ski School have several British instructors. Alex Chapman who's a SH and several friends have had great lessons with her and Ian Huyton who several friends rate highly too. I think ESS are having one more Brit stagiaire too.
- BASS Rod Frazer who is highly rated.
- all schools have other English speaking French and Italian instructors. Some I know personally are very fluent.

Plus obviously ESF, ESI and Évolution 2.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you know if anywhere is offering ski lessons as early as December 5th? Am heading there next week with my ski noob friend and she's gonna need whipping in to shape! I liked the look of European Ski and Snowboard School when I had a brief google.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@illseeyouontheslopes, Pretty sure they will be. I think Alex may have a GS course that week, not sure about Ian. All their instructors speak good English though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Shame I quite liked the sound of Luca 😉

Thanks for that info I will have a look at those.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Claude B wrote:
Luca hasn't been with ESI for years, now with Firstrax, but hé badly injured himself this summer not sure when he'll be back.

I'm sorry to hear that....and it was a while ago. The kids loved him...he just made it fun....he called them all, "My little champions".
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have sent a few messages as most websites don't take into consideration the Christmas dates this year. We are travelling on the 20th so hope lessons can be sorted for that week. Thanks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quick update on this, I've seen Luca on the mountain so he's obviously recovered enough to teach.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Easiski (Charlotte Swift). Best ski instructor I've come across anywhere, especially for beginner/ nervous skiers.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Claude B wrote:
Quick update on this, I've seen Luca on the mountain so he's obviously recovered enough to teach.

That's good news...though you can often hear him before you can see him.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another wholehearted endorsement for Easiski!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We have booked with European ski school and are excited to go only a week tomorrow. Fingers crossed for some snow before we get there. Thanks all
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've booked a half day all-mountain clinic with Rod at BASS over the Xmas holidays, will post feedback here thereafter.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not used them for skiing but my middle daughter really likes European Ski School for snowboarding
snow report
Anyone got feedback on Firstrax, either for beginners or guided trips to La Grave (we've got a bimodal experience split in our group)? Their website says all of the right things (English language, small groups) and prices seem reasonable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy