Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

28th Jan to 5th Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Saturday Villars
Sunday Chamonix
Monday Chamonix - if I like chamonix if not I will be in Portes du Soleil
Tuesday Wengen
Wednesday Zermatt
Thursday Crans Montana
Friday - Sunday Hamburg St Pauli Celtic Festival

I want to get around these resorts to see what they are like ............
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went up to Villars today - first time I have arrived at a resort at 10am and there is a queue of cars coming off the mountain - allegedly the wind speeds on piste were around 60 mph - was enough to put no 1 son off and for us to come home Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Decided to try and get no 1 son back on the slopes so we went back to Villars

today the lifts are shut due to high wind today - oh the joy Sad nought for 2
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
obelix67,

Must be lots of high winds about as Engelberg was shut yesterday as well
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT wrote:
obelix67,

Must be lots of high winds about as Engelberg was shut yesterday as well

Apparently it's called the Foehn

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=245154#245154

Smallzookeeper mentioned it had affected CHamonix as well - although that's relatively close to Les Arcs
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Day 3 tomorrow lets see what it brings
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok went to chamonix today - no I didnt do vallee blanch - apart from that dunno what all the fuss about chamonix is about

Managed to start being able to hit in and out of fakies - joy

It might be one of the so called best resorts in the world but I have no idea why ..............nothing special but at least I have been.

Beauty - Saas Fee wins hands down in comparison

Facilities - I do like the amount of chair lifts etc rather than buttons or tows however after Port du Soleil found the blues really easy and nice and wide for big carving.
However the blues and reds were a lot easier than I expected or maybe I am getting better - did one black, 2 reds and 3 blues - happy with that for an afternoons blading.
No where near as congested on the slopes as Verbier was.
It really is spread out - so watch where you park or put a pair of running shoes in your backpack for the 30 min walk across town (quicker than the bus)

Parking - free this week normally 1 euro or so the sign said ..... one of the bods from up there can confirm if you are really supposed to pay

Might go to Zermatt tomorrow.....

Oh yeah I was right the drive through the alps from Switzerland to France was lovely and the mountains change personality - if that makes any sense at all.

This is my opinion you are free to not agree but then that would be your opinion Shocked snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went to Zermatt today - truly breathtaking - good piste - nice long runs - a joy to the eye and to the soul what a brilliant day

Parking in Tasch - simple and undercover

Train up to Zermatt

Just enjoyed the day a whole lot more snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wednesday - decided to let my legs have the morning off for good behaviour - she who must be obeyed wanted me to take no 1 son up - so off we went to champery......

you see pics of kids in these ski harnesses looking composed and collected - mine took on the idea he was superman and kept diving off his feet knowing that dad wouldnt let him slide all the way down - and I didnt most of the time

make sure before using one of those ski harnesses that you have done plenty of stomach work as mine felt like I had done 2-300 situps by the time we were finished - which put an end to going anywhere on thursday Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was skiing Champery on Wednesday but I didn't spot any ski harnesses Very Happy . Where abouts were you? We skied the Ripaille tow and Grizzly Hutte before checking out Avoriaz and Ardents in the afternoon. I had a lesson with Freeride in the morning (Xavier, if you know him).

Champery on Wednesday was warm, but we still found good snow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy