Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lenz heated insoles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year I had some of the Lenz heated insoles fitted into my ski boots at edge and wax. This year I want to get some new ski boots and have no idea if these are able to be moved into my new boots. I can't obviously phone edge and wax with it being closed down and I don't want to start pulling them out in case I damage them. Anyone know much about these?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mummy2girls, I assume that your insoles look like one of the products on the link below:

https://www.lenzproducts.com/de/heating-wear.html?p=1&product_category=632&dir=desc

The heated insole will have either replaced the standard insole, or be glued on top of it. The only 'fitting' is the small cut in the heel of the boot liner, to let the cable out. The first step is to check where the heater cable comes out of your boots. Assuming that it comes out between the liner and the boot shell, the first step is to pull the boot liner out of the shell (this might be tricky and take some effort. Make sure all buckles are undone). Once the liner is out of the boot, you should be able to pull the cable back into the liner, and then pull the insole and cable out of the liner.

Alternatively, if you are buying new boots in this country, take the boots with you, and the shop will probably transfer the heated insole for you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fantastic thank you, yes those are the ones I have. I'm going to attempt to take them out tonight so hopefully it should be straightforward!
Only problem I have now is that I have a horrible feeling I threw away my old insoles, annoying as I was hoping to stick my old boots on ebay!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mummy2girls, Since your new boots will come with insoles, you could probably use those in your old boots. Alternatively the shop you buy your boots from will probably have box full of liners they have taken out of new boots.

You could even make it a selling point for your old boots "Supplied with new insoles" Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Those insoles look really flat and unssupportive to me. I would instead buy some good thermal socks and arch support insoels instead which be a better combo.

http://shoewawa.com/product/shoewawa-thermal-socks/
and
http://shoewawa.com/product/massaging-gel-insoles/

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 10-02-17 14:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good idea! Thank you!

Yes they are really flat, I had a custom footbed done at the same time, to have comfort and warmth.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good idea! Thank you!

Yes they are really flat, I had a custom footbed done at the same time, to have comfort and warmth.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy