Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

www.luggagemule.co.uk 10% Discount Code for Snowheads

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'll be using www.luggagemule.co.uk this season to ship my skis & gear to the Alps. I'll let you all know how I get on. They seem to be the best for price, and have a high review score.

Note: I'm not related to them in anyway, and I'm just trying to be helpful. They gave me a 10% discount as a member of Snowheads Very Happy And yes, there are arguments both ways as to the risks and whether it's worth it.

I mentioned Snowheads, and they have kindly given us all a discount code of 10%: HEADS10. This expires on the 31st December 2016 — e.g.: for bookings made by then; so you could still book for FEB in DEC.

Overall, it can be a money-saver for me, depending on the airline (some take skis for free), cabin class etc. Note that I can fly the "light" version of cabin class with zero hold luggage. And a lump more money is saved because I don't have to take a people-carrier or estate car taxi to the airport in London: I can hop on the tube or train. Plus you can arrive at the airport later and leave as soon as you get off the plane — sometimes you have to wait ages for your skis to come through. And of course there is a lot less lugging around. And yes, I'm also lazy Laughing

If I did not use this service, then I would have to take a max 20Kg ski bag, and an additional luggage piece; and drag both of those around.

I have a big wheeled ski bag, that can take my skis and all my other clothing and gear; no need for an extra suitcase. This weighs 30Kg when full, and that is the max weight that www.luggagemule.co.uk will take. You can select the "Golf Bag" option (which is cheaper than the ski bag option), that will give you a max volumetric weight of: 140cm x 35cm x 35cm = 171,500 / 5,000 = 34.3Kg (that's how it's worked-out). But again, the actual physical weight cannot exceed 30Kg.

All confirmed in an email to me; and slightly contrary to some of the info on their website which sometime states a max weight of 20Kg.

If you have to take two pieces; a ski bag and a suitcase with www.luggagemule.co.uk, then the cost really mounts up.

I still get to take a cabin bag, even with the "light" cabin option. But I only take a small, flat, ski-boot bag that will fit under my seat; so even if the airline is asking for cabin-baggage to go in the hold, I'm still OK. I like to have my boots with me; and it enables me to fill my ski bag to 30Kg.

TIPS:

Check in advance that your hotel/chalet etc., are happy to store the bag for a day or so before you arrive. I've never had any trouble with this. If they are really smooth, they have your bag waiting in your room when you arrive!

If you take the www.luggagemule.co.uk insurance option, ONLY your actual ski equipment is insured. So I skipped this.

I checked with my travel insurance company: www.insureandgo.com, and they confirmed that if I used a courier service, then their insurance covers this in the same way it would cover airline carriage. All at no extra charge.

You should use gaffer tape or suchlike to attach the shipping label they send you to your baggage. But sometimes, with a "canvas" type material, even this does not work so well. So you are better off using a thick punched pocket — A5 say — and attaching it to your handle with a cable-tie. Also pop a copy of the label inside your bag for safety.

They will email you the luggage tags a few days before collection. This means that you might only get your return labels when you are at the resort. So you will need access to a printer. Most hotels and chalet companies are happy to oblige. But www.luggagemule.co.uk can send you your return labels in advance if really need that; for some locations, inc. France.

PRICE EXAMPLES:

Easyjet: £33 x 20Kg suitcase + £60 x 20Kg ski bag = £93

SWISS: £30 x 20Kg suitcase (difference between "Light" & "Classic" cabin) + FREE 20Kg ski bag = £30

People carrier or estate car taxi to the airport: £60 each way. Less tube/train cost of say £20 return = £100. I'm lazy don't forget and don't want to drag my stuff around; and even then, I would have to take a taxi to my nearest station from home.

www.luggagemule.co.uk return 30Kg bag to French Alps: £107 inc 10% discount.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just done a quick comparison and whereas it would cost me £122 for two cases and skis with Easyjet, it would cost me £225 with the people you're posting about. I'm not posting their name/web address as I think you've done it enough times already (no connection, really?)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy