Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SALOMON CROSSMAX V12

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Could anyone give me any feedback on the SALOMON CROSSMAX V12? are they worth the money? Do they do all they say they can do? any alternatives worth looking at?

ANY information would be VERY helpful
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if you are interested ski bilek on ebay sell these for around 499E. No idea bout the ski
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I skied them at a demo day at Xscape. I thought they were awfull. I tried as many skis i could that day. There were skis two hundred pounds cheaper that seemed more lively and more enjoyable. But you should try them yourself because you might think differently. But to be honest i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Based on the very favourable reviews, I've picked up Fischer FX8s off SkiBilek-they cost me circ £230. You could try with other skiercross skis. I asked about Head i.XRC1200 on another recent thread and owners responded v. positively
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ive just brought Atomic Supercross SXs ablsoutly love them! Well worth trying a set
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your help. Where is the best place to buy at the moment?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tried the V12 in Sestriere last week, they were a fairly good ski although i preferred the Nordica Hot Rod Modified.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TESTERS OF THE STORM

AKA

Salomon Crossmax V12 170 cm vs. ATOMIC IZOR 9.7 168cm

Terrain: Eastern Canada on a storm day (temps -8c to 5c, winds 10 to 50+km/h, ice/sleet/wet on top of 20cm powder on top of groomed & frozen)

Skier: 6ft 200lbs feeling level 6-7ish.

Impressions:

Heavy loose powder (clotted cream to porridge):
Izor: B+ Engages very well, over the entire length of the ski. Snappy response to short turns, very easy to modulate into long turns. Tip engages almost instantly, somewhat difficult to modulate and feather carving vs. drift behaviour.
CrossmaxV12: B I called this ski the 'porridge tip': on lighter surface it felt as though the tip does not engage at all, on the 170cm ski it felt as though the ski started at about the (look at topsheet graphic) cylinder pivot pin. Short turns took a bit to initiate but once started it felt as though the midbody of the ski was pulling into tighter and tighter turns. In heavier, wetter porridge the ski did engage at the tip, but didn't wish to be modulated into long turns. Very easy to feather into skidding drifts.
Verglas crust on loose snow on windslab
Izor:: A Tip cracks right through and holds a deep carve. Tail can punch through on its own, so wedeln is perfectly possible.
Crossmax V12: C Ski tracks in response to steering input, refuses to carve or punch through without strong unweighting motion. Steering response very damp and tractable.
Bumps and trees, carving
Izor: A Felt like any part of the ski would hold on any part of the bump. Turn completion & active lower body with significant angulation & forward balance vital or one gets dumped backwards.
Crossmax V12 B- Only the midbody of the ski was active; the ski skied effectively 15cm shorter.
Bumps and trees, direct line jackrabbit
Izor: D for Don't Do It. It will hurt when you get Dumped.
Crossmax V12: B Very soft tip & tail actually a Bonus in this scenario.
Windscour on top of melted & refrozen corduroy AKA random ice & coral reef
Izor: A Unflappable. Sliced right through everything. If the edges are sharp, no crampons needed. Any weight split, from 90/10 on the downhill to 60/40 meant very clean very modulated carves were just a bit of toe pressure away. Slight quibble: demands strong -forward- weight bias on downhill ski or tip does vibrate a bit. Demands sharp edges of course.
Crossmax V12: B- Demanded 90/10 weight split and strong steering input to downhill ski. Tips do not chatter but midbody lets go otherwise.
Race piste (groomed superhardpack steep)
Izor: A- Not enough rebound to mimic a true race ski
Crossmax V12: Not tested

Overall impressions:

Izor is a nice patrol ski for a strong patroller, assuming forward balance, relatively hard snow conditions, and modern carving skills.

Crossmax V12 is a nice lesson ski for students of higher-level carving, especially on softer snow. Probably work well in that role on hard snow as well as one can scold it into pretty much any exercise the instructor names.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Viceversa wrote:
I skied them at a demo day at Xscape. I thought they were awfull. I tried as many skis i could that day. There were skis two hundred pounds cheaper that seemed more lively and more enjoyable. But you should try them yourself because you might think differently. But to be honest i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole

With that test day in mind any chance of orgainsing another one, I had to work that day Confused
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Viceversa wrote:

With that test day in mind any chance of orgainsing another one, I had to work that day Sun Feb 05, 06 14:46

Not my doing im afraid. I think it was Ellis Brigham that put on the test back at the start of the season. Very good it was too, i think i tried every ski going and drank some free wine. Not sure if there going to do it again. I hope so
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey! They forgot to give me the free wine! wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy