Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boot Fitter in Northern Ireland

Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendation of a good boot fitter in Northern Ireland or the Northern regions in the Republic?

I have weird narrow feet so would rather not buy off the shelf in Decathlon or We are Vertigo.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have heard a lot of people recommend snow and rock in dublin, it's only round d the corner from the dry slope so you could try them out on the day. Definitely a boot fitter there.

However there is a lot of knowledgeable folk in we are vertigo.

Likewise decathlon so I'm sure either could help and advise.

Also a link on Mac ski old website so maybe they could help
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've seen Toppings of Comber mentioned on the forum...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies folks.

I spoke with someone in We Are Vertigo who said they offer 'Super Foot' insoles, but not Boot fitting as such.

Would the insoles compensate for unfitted boots or would it be recommended to get custom fitted boots. I have quite a narrow foot so think I need something moulded?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Absolutely not, in fact would likely make it worse. I know this from ebay experience!

They have a few guys down there who could give great advice but not fit.

I think the best option is to call snow and rock, bit dearer and bit further but they definitely have a boot fitter there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try 'Ski & Board Servicing N.I' on Facebook. It's David Hobson's business, he used to boot fit in MacSki or Climate (or both). I'm not sure if he's doing boots now but I think he was intending to. He's in Portadown.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@debtors#2, Snow and Rock in Dublin is the best bet. The boot fitter there is well trained and an ex racer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@debtors#2, I have very narrow feet myself and I would caution against going to anywhere unless the bootfitter has an outstanding reputation and is well known by name. Like CEM at Solutions for Feet. I travelled from Cornwall to Oxfordshire to see him and have no regrets at all. Time and money spent getting it right is well spent as he who buys in haste buys twice or even thrice if he's a slow learner. I learned the hard way. Pair of Lange boots from a well known winter sports chain. Perfect fit sir, suits you sir. Yes of course Lange were known for narrow lasts but the mass market boots were for hobbit feet. In short. Too long, too wide and skiing ability frozen solid at early intermediate. Since selling my soul to CEM I have never had a moment of real boot trouble. Other top bootfitters are available. snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tom Doc wrote:
Try 'Ski & Board Servicing N.I' on Facebook. It's David Hobson's business, he used to boot fit in MacSki or Climate (or both). I'm not sure if he's doing boots now but I think he was intending to. He's in Portadown.

If he is boot fitting then he is the man to see. Expect to spend several hours for not much cash and get comfy boots. No personal experience of Snow and Rock but everyone who has tried has only good things to say. Probably avoid Decathlon.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@debtors#2, Hubert in Snow and Rock dundrum, Dublin is pretty good! Knows his stuff and has enough experience to be a decent fitter. They also have a substantial range of boots to choose form
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was in S&R (Dublin) earlier this year to get some bindings checked. They couldn't have been more helpful and even did it with no charge.

I can't speak for their bootfitting, but if in Ireland, I strongly suspect they are the best choice.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the responses folks. I've convinced myself that it is worth the extra expense to get proper fitted boots. I was hoping for an NI option as the sterling to euro exchange is making a euro purchase more expensive.

I'm gonna take a trip to Comber at the weekend to see if Toppings are any use, if not the dilemma is - go to Dublin or wait until I get to LDA over Xmas? Both would be euro purchases so probably similar pricing?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@debtors#2, S&R might be a little cheaper than resort, they also have a boot satisfaction or return promise, Get in early on a Sat, ski at the Ski Club 10 min up the road for a few hours and see how they are and go back if you are not happy.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow & Rock Dundrum gets my vote. Sorted out my wife & I, with boots mind not marriage advice, and were very patient resulting in two happy customers. If you can, steer clear of the weekends as it can get very busy.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow & Rock Dundrum gets my vote. Sorted out my wife & I, with boots mind not marriage advice, and were very patient resulting in two happy customers. If you can, steer clear of the weekends as it can get very busy.
latest report
So I bit the bullet and went to Topping Sports in Comber and purchased a very nice pair of Salomon Quest Access 80'S.

All in all a very good customer experience and not as expensive as I thought. Matthew Topping (proprietor's son) seemed very knowledgeable and patient, letting me try on a range of boots and quizzing me about my skiing style and expectations. In the end I think I went for comfort over performance, but for a recreational intermediate probably the wise choice.

They stock a wide range of Head and Salomon boots and offer custom insoles and heat moulding. The proof in the pudding will be how the boots feel and perform at Xmas but so far they feel great, and a world apart from the pain of rental boots.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy