Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Friedrichshafen to St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all

Flying in on 21st Feb to Friedrichshafen (12.30) and need to get to St Anton

Anyone out there know the best (or should i say cheapest) way? Ive heard train, but if anyone knows a cheaper way that'll be awesome NehNeh

There's only 2 of us, so i reckon a taxi is gonna chip heavily in2 the beer money..... Mad Unless of course anyone else is planning on getting a minibus/ taxi we could jump on with???

chars

Jonezy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Train
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Train
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton,

Is that two trains? Where do you change? Puzzled Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Change Lindau & Bregenz normally. If your going during holiday best to book as most seats are reserved on trains in Germany,Austria & Switzerland.

try this

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/dn?ld=212.19&seqnr=2&ident=ey.02004643.1138462555&OK#focus
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Train is NOT the best option if you are using Ryanair.

In general the best option is by coach. The shuttles are linked to the flights so no fear of missing your transfer. There's no lugging of gear which you have to do when changing trains. And you get into resort earlier on most connections.

Doh!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't think that Shuttle runs on the 21st Feb though? I checked your link and it doesn't have that date or our flight listed??

Jonezy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I didn't know about the bus ... looks easy but more expensive than the train.

The train is fairly easy but you do have to change 3 times .. the station is right across the road from the airport (25 metres) and the changes are all fairly easy but if you've got a lot of luggage that's a lot of getting on and off trains. The train is cheaper than the 57Euro for the bus but I can't remember exactly how much
Don't think there's any need to book ... I've got trains round there many times and never seen a full one.

Friedrichshafen Flughafen 21.02.06 dep 13:17 IRE 4209 InterRegioExpress
Lindau Hbf 21.02.06 arr 13:56
Lindau Hbf 21.02.06 dep 14:00 E 5769 Eilzug
Bregenz 21.02.06 arr 14:10
Bregenz 21.02.06 dep 14:27 E 1861 Eilzug
Feldkirch 21.02.06 arr 14:57
Feldkirch 21.02.06 dep 15:20 OEC 161 ÖBB-EC
St. Anton am Arlberg 21.02.06 arr 16:10
Duration: 2:53; runs daily
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice one - Cheers Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wooo hooooo NehNeh What a week!

Thanks for all your help guys

Jonezy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonezy, which transfer option did you take? Did it work smoothly?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had a right touch on the way there - we bumped into 3 people at the airport with 'anyone goin to St Anton' signs, so we all shared a cab (although the cab driver was a bit of a wierdo!! he he). On the way back we got the train which we were panicing about, but it was a total breeze - all the staff at the stations and on the trains were really helpfull and we got back to the airport no problem

Im already looking to book for next season!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy