Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First trip to Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We usually go to France, but in March we're off to Andorra (El Tarter) for the first time. We stayed in La Rosiere a few years ago and you could tell the difference when you crossed the border into Italy.
Do the piste markers count down in Andorra, like they do in France? Is there anything else it would be useful to know about the way things work there?

I'm not worried about it, just curious Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well Andorra is more like switzerland on the marking, red there is blue in france. Grandvalira is not going to push you or anything but is a bit mountain so you can enjoy in general. Personally I prefer the northern Valnord, smaller but more alpine (especially arcalis sector) so if you stay a lot of days give it a try.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, but I've not been to Switzerland either! We're only there for a week and don't plan to go to Vallnord.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are going to Soldeu in March....and have been there a good few times. El Tarter is fairly quiet in terms of nightlife but has easy access to the mountain. The Soldeu/El Tarter sector has plenty of cruising pistes both above and below the tree line. Grau Roi also has some varied skiing.......with Pas de la Casa being a bit more 'bare', although slightly higher overall. The pistes are well marked (and looked after) and do count down in 100 metre'ish sections. Let me know if you have any other questions.......and enjoy !
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had a great weeks skiing in Andorra 2 years ago, be careful with mobile phone roaming charges there, its not in the EU, incoming calls will be charged at around £1 per minute, outgoing maybe even more, most providers won't allow any data roaming there. There is wifi all around the mountains though which is good.

Its cheaper to buy a beer than make a phone call!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also an EU EHIC card is no good there so make sure you a properly insured.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Ian.b, thanks, a quiet resort and cruisey pistes will suit us perfectly.
How long would it take get from El Tarter over to Pas de la Casa? I'd guess an hour or two from the map.
Also, do you have any opinion on the piste grading?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Two hours would be enough .... piste grading generally makes the runs sound more difficult than they are.....off-piste fairly limited.....but you can spend a good few days cruising around the mountain.....which is why we go there. The lifts do close fairlyearly.....the mountain 'closes' at 5 pm.
Be sure that you get the full Grandvalira lift pass......the tour operators sell sector passes with some of their 'all-in' deals (although they do point that out).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@woodpecker, thanks, I'll need to check my winter sports cover. I keep forgetting it's not in the EU. I'll turn off data roaming and remember to spend more time drinking beer and less on the phone wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ian.b, thanks again, we probably won't do any off-piste and I've already sorted full Grandvalira lift passes.

I've just realised this holiday is still 6 months away...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy