Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

These resorts are generally considered to be the best in the world...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ise,Point taken. I suspect that being cramped in a gondola will not be helped by cycling Very Happy . I think I'll stick to the chairlift.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
ise,Point taken. I suspect that being cramped in a gondola will not be helped by cycling Very Happy . I think I'll stick to the chairlift.

Precisely. Chairlifts are worse for me due to the angle it leaves my knee, this will vary depending on build/height, which is why people who ski will notice I often don't use the foot rests. Old bubbles are also an issue and stress the knee due to cramped space.

General problems actually skiing or on drags will be eased by having more power and control in the quad's and cycling will give that. Stronger quad's will reduce stress and loading into the knee and cartilage. I have chrondromalacia patella (aka runners knee) which is damage to the cartilage on the underside of the kneecaps, ymmv Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tessaventer wrote:
I've skiied Zermatt twice ..and I would dispute there are any flat wide motorway pistes there.

.. the Klein Matterhorn area has been closed both times I've been there .

The big wide flat motorway pistes are on the glacier up the Klein Matterhorn area.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
where the hell is wengen its like fairyland and should be up there for being a traditional skiing resort thus being one of the best as there arn't many of those around any more Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RobW, proves my point I think!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
muttley wrote:
where the hell is wengen its like fairyland and should be up there for being a traditional skiing resort thus being one of the best as there arn't many of those around any more Very Happy Very Happy

we've got a country full of them, there's very little special about Wengen.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's all subjective as others have said its what you get out of it as an individual. The value of these lsits? nothing much but at least it generates a discussion even if ther's not too much controversy. Only skied in Chamonix and Verbier from that list and thoroughly enjoyed the skiing at both places. However, I wouldn't rate Cham for nightlife or meeting members of the opposite sex. Verbier on the other hand had massive opportunities for both but it was expensive. Still we don't go skiing to save money!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sounds like one or two skiers should be put out to pasture (shot)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dan100, You got an elephant gun ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy