Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cortina D'Ampezzo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening folks,

We're off to Cortina in March and was looking for some qualified advice on any must dos / must avoids......anything that you think will aid the trip!!

I know it's a relatively low resort so snow could be a problem. Are there any 'near by' resorts that could work if cortina is a bit poor? Any insider knowledge???? ....or anything that we should know?

Over to you folks!! Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Make your way out to the Cinque Torri area close by, that is worth doing.
Depending on your transport arrangements etc you can also aim for a day trip to some of the Sella Ronda - you could start by going to Passo Falzarego and then skiing down from Lagazuoi towards San Cassiano on the "Hidden Valley" run and join the Sella Ronda area from there.

Others will visit here soon and give you more advice, I'm sure Very Happy

PS Must go back to Cortina one day - practised my skiing there in the late 1970s for a few years ....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ninja_dave wrote:
Evening folks,

We're off to Cortina in March and was looking for some qualified advice on any must dos / must avoids......anything that you think will aid the trip!!

I know it's a relatively low resort so snow could be a problem. Are there any 'near by' resorts that could work if cortina is a bit poor? Any insider knowledge???? ....or anything that we should know?

Over to you folks!! Smile

Cortina will be fine. I'm there in 1st week in feb. Last year there was no of piste in the area but all piste runs were in amazing condition. The Italian snow cannons are on full blast and in march conditions will be perfect.

must do's are the Olympic run

Se Dr Rocks great youtube vid where a lot was shot in Cotina from 6mins 50secs in
http://youtube.com/v/0C-pEIwymDY
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've written a number of blogs about the various areas - I've not done Cortina for the simple reason that it's been a good 14 years since I have skied there. But there's plenty of info abou the other resorts here an one of the beauties of the Dolomites is precisely that it's worthwhile travelling about a bit and skiing something different every day, seeing as you pass covers it! From Cortina you can definitely do the Giro della Guerra and the Super eight at Falzarego, and dip into Civetta and Zoldo, or Alta Badia in the other direction.

http://www.casa-alfredino.co.uk/skiing-information/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The only run I didn't like in Cortina was the black coming down from below the Ra Valles on the descent from the top of Tofana - looks like a short slightly wavy vertical line down a gulley on the piste map. It isn't short in real life at the end of the day (not a problem of course if you are strong skiers). The main problem was it was all in shade which made it unnecessarily difficult (for me) - check it out in the morning/lunchtime - if there is sun on it. Then you could try it in shade if you like it...
If you get the chance try the local beetroot ravioli washed down by something nice
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
suec wrote:
If you get the chance try the local beetroot ravioli washed down by something nice
Aperol spritz was the locals' choice, quite a nice kick to it.

+1 for the recommendation to get up to Cinque Torri and then the Lagozuoi cable car and Hidden Valley down to Alta Badia.

Some nice tree runs on the Faloria side.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brilliant! Thanks folks for the info so far!

A good little blog that Casa!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy