Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking in the Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm driving to Alleghe and and hope to be visiting several of the more out of the way skiing villages within the Dolomiti Superski pass. I have visited the area several times, but never with a car. I remember seeing car parks but never noticed whether they were manned or had automatic pay booths. I suppose it's too much to hope that they are free. If not how do you go about paying?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I parked for free at Marmolada, Passo Rolle, and San Martino last March.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chomski wrote:
I suppose it's too much to hope that they are free.

I think you can work on the basis that they are free. Certainly at the car parking areas I've seen in Arabba, Malga Ciapella (for the Marmolada) and Passo Falzarego (for the Lagazoi cable car to the Hidden Valley) and Cinque Torri that appeared to be the case. Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 7-11-16 20:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excellent news. Thank you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chomski, You have to pay for carparking in Alleghe and some other places, but as mentioned above there is free parking at most lift stations out of town.

@Alastair Pink, Do you mean Passo Falzarego? I have never managed to park there - it has always been full when I arrive
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@chomski, Nothing to do with the parking question but I've just looked at the Dolomiti Superski piste map. There's a fair bit to go at isn't there? (massive understatement Laughing Laughing Laughing )
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@johnE, Since I'm staying just outside Alleghe, it's likely that I will be parking there quite often. Do you know what they charge? Can you get a weekly pass?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chomski, Where are you staying? There is a big pay and display carpark. Since I usually only park there while nipping into the shops I cannot forecast the price for a whole day. During the summer it is always packed. My nephew's views of driving around the Dolomites during the winter was that he would rather not do it again (apart from lots of mountain passes teh diesel froze one day). He would stay somewhere central and get the bus.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
@Alastair Pink, Do you mean Passo Falzarego? I have never managed to park there - it has always been full when I arrive

Yes, slight senior moment. Embarassed I've corrected it. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@johnE I'm staying near S. Maria Delle Grazie. So something like a 20 min walk I guess... but not with skis & boots. Do they have ski lockers for hire at the lift station? I'm driving a little panda 4x4 and am not seeking too much white-knuckle stuff. I'm assuming all the diesel there gets winter additive, and your nephew's still froze? Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure I take some diesel thaw.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cortina car parking is free too! Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I'm assuming all the diesel there gets winter additive, and your nephew's still froze?

He hired a car in Venice and did not add sufficient additative
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There are several ways you can do this. There is a large open air carpark in the bed of the river - as you drive up to Alleghe, it's on the left just before the main lift up. You DO NOT have to pay for this car park. It's a little further to walk but only a few minutes. If you rent skis from C.Elle sport which is more or less opposite the bridge which crosses the river bed, they have a ski locker and boot locker. It is dead easy. The only car park you have to pay for are the covered car park, the one in town and the one directly opposite the lifts. The fuel does have additives added as soon as you are away from the valley, but you know, it can get cold Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Casa Alfredino. Thanks for that. I will bring my own skis but I have friends who will be hiring and C.Elle sport appears to be the likely shop, so that should work out well. Thanks again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy