Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Mid December 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Any of you snow-heads off to Tignes this December for some early season snow? 4 of us are traveling out, first time at Tignes any recommendations?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you staying in Tignesricco121? There are separate bits of the resort - so where you are staying will shape my tips.

Also, early season, the runs and lifts open bit by bit as the snow arrives.

There's a Snowheads Pre-season Bash in the first week of December - but I and Mrs SH's group won't be there until just after then.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads @ricco121 snowHead

Yeah, only about 100 or so of us Wink

Have a look at the PSB Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mountainaddict, We are staying in Le Lavachet just up from the Paquis lift.
saw this morning that they have have had dump of snow there last night so hopefully that will set a base layer.

@admin, just saw the thread for the PSB but we are flying out on the 13th Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oops!
Another time!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ricco121, Welcome to Snowheads. Have a look at the Tignes thread in the snow reports section. There are links to Tignes "essentials" in there. And Chocksaway keeps us updated with what's happening.

You'll have to see how conditions pan out but I would always recommend the full area pass if you're reasonable skiers.

You're not far from anything in Lavachet that a short & free bus ride can't fix and there are some bars/restaurants on your doorstep.

Skiing-wise ..... one lift in either direction (Paquis/ Chaudannes) or the beginner drag will allow you to drop back in to the centre of Le Lac and the various connections from it.

There are ski hire shops and a small supermarket in Lavachet. Larger offerings in Le lac. Popular lunch stops include the Loop Bar (+apres), Marmot Arms, and the Spar supermarket for a real budget lunch.

'owt else you need to know just ask wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Perhaps this is an opportune moment to mention that, upon presenting their Total-snowHead card, super/mega-snowHeads get seasonaire rates in the Loop Bar in Le Lac, The Couloir in Val Claret and (I think) Brasero in Le Lavachet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@admin, good to know. How does one get an up to date card?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@holidayloverxx, there's a button in the discounts thread in Le Chadron.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How much cheaper are seasonaire rates in Loop?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No idea
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ricco121,
I am hanging around for several weeks after the PSB. As stated above follow the Tignes thread in Snow Conditions. If you want any specific advice for the first few days then private message me. Done many weeks in the area
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin wrote:
@holidayloverxx, there's a button in the discounts thread in Le Chadron.

Thankyou
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@GeorgeVII, thanks for the advise and info we have gone for area passes we are a mixture of skiers and boarders. just looked at the tines thread very good in deed

@Mark1863, thanks for that i may take you up on that offer as i want make the most out if the week Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TC's bar in Lavachet is always lively, as is Loop. L'Arbina near the Maison de Tignes is one of my fave lunch stops.
ski holidays
Philip1972 wrote:
How much cheaper are seasonaire rates in Loop?

Usually a euro a pint.
snow conditions
@bar shaker, +1 for L'Arbina Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy