Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Titan Airways

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looks like we're using Titan Airways for ADH this year. Never used them before. Are they any good and are they picky at check in.p? Taking own skis and like to also sneak my old rock hoppers in the ski bag as well as the BBRs in case conditions are crap. Are they likely to check?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Used them for a ski trip earlier this year. All good, no negatives to report, download the titan app and you can stream movies/tv on the flight. Also no problem with ski carriage

Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Titan are a charter airline. The rules that will apply are set by the Tour Operator. What Titan allow with TO A could be different for TO B. You just need to look at Jet2 and FlyBe. They have rules for their scheduled flights but when they are chartered by a TO the rules can be vastly different.

I have flown on them a few times as easyJet had subbed them in to Edinburgh during last summer to provide extra capacity. The seats were comfy and the crew attentive.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 4-11-16 7:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went with Titan to ADH this year and all went well. I had paid for 2 sets of skis and confirmed I could place them in one bag but in reality they never checked either end and it was likely a waste but I did it to save discussions.

The last easyjet we went on was a nicer plane but in reality it didn't really make the difference and I'd be happy to go with them again
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you pay for ski carriage you can put what you like in the bag as long as it is within the weight allowance, the problems come if you need to claim for the items within should they lose them as you would have agreed to only take 1 set of skis. I wouldn't worry about it, I've flown with them severl times and never been asked about the bag or anything checked inside.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nor worried about a claim for the rock hoppers. 14 years old and not worth anything
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flown with them 2 times now.

As far as plane & seating they are good, their seat spacing is the best I've seen in cattle-class.

Did query a trip with TO and Titan as regards to Hand luggage 2 weeks before leaving, Titan responded straight away and the TO the day before travelling (read into that Wink ). Titan gave the info on their website reagrding a certain TO ski charter flight and the TO contradicted that (Titan 10k on Hand and TO only 5K).

Went with the airline info, as it's their flight and had the email Smile
HOld luggage was standard and extra ski allowance was 15k and no mention of number of ski's.
Had a wonderful flight as usual......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
ski allowance was 15k and no mention of number of skis
So just about enough to take 2 pairs...but with nothing else in the ski bag...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quick look on the Titan site and it looks like they've tidied up the options on the ski flights section (probably down to being pestered by idiots like me wink ) and the ski bag allowance is now 18k. The TO may well amend that figure on their own webiste/offers however...

So, more than plenty for 2 ski's Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy