Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crabs Montana airport transfer (Geneva)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I'm headed to Crans Montana for a Xmas trip and looking for a transfer company from Geneva to resort for 6 adults. I usually use Bens Bus or Alpybus bus but they don't go to CM. Any advice greatest appreciated.

Joey
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@joeyg, I would take the train to Sion or Sierre, and then transfer from there.

BY FUNICULAR WWW.CIE-SMC.CH
Direct access from Sierre twice hourly
(non-stop: 12 mins / all stops: 20 mins)

BY BUS WWW.CIE-SMC.CH - WWW.CARPOSTAL.CH
Sion station: ~45 mins
Sierre station: ~35 minsFree shuttle bus service throughout the resort

BY TAXI
Sion station
Sierre station
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't help much but google shows up with happybus.ch but I am sure there are a lot of Venereal Disease puns we could play with (check the spelling in your title)

Herpes Mountain anyone!!!!! wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You'd have to sure to get the STD code right before calling them...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@joeyg, Train to Sierre and then funiculaire up to Montana. All covered on Swiss Transfer ticket.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would endorse taking the train. Look at the www.sbb.ch website and plan from Geneve Aeroport and it'll work it all out for you and price it up. You can also get a foreigner's Transfer Ticket which is an undated return from a Port of Entry e.g. GVA to one location, with the return valid for a month from the date of the outbound. We use the train about half the time for our trips to Verbier. The only thing is that the connections sometimes don't work so well if you're flying in early afternoon or home early morning. Where we stay, I like just hopping on the village bus at 9am and then arriving in GVA without all the hassle of driving, finding a petrol station near to the airport, and then handing the car over to some nutter hire company driver with a 30% chance of damaging it and blaming me. You can also get tickets from the Swiss Tourist Centre in Covent Garden www.stc.co.uk

The other advantage of the train is if your party is travelling from different locations. If one or more of you is delayed then you aren't hanging 'round for hours waiting for them to turn up. and if it's you delayed, you've got everything sorted to follow later. Similarly, if anyone in the party has to return home unexpectedly then there's no problem with transfers.

The only thing I'd be careful about is with luggage - thieves target the trains to GVA and substitute rucksacks, walking off the train with yours before you realise. If you do notice, they just apologise and say they got confused. Don't imagine everyone is law-abiding just because it's Switzerland. This isn't a mega-issue, just routine travel awareness.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.alps2alps.com have gone a real way to filling the gap in the market...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@joeyg, If you are staying in Crans as opposed to Montana then the bus from Sierre will be better. @LaForet, sums it up well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Inboard wrote:
You'd have to sure to get the STD code right before calling them...

Well spotted !! Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi

We can drop me an email to info@skitransfers.com

Andy
Ski Transfers
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
WellingtonBoot wrote:
https://www.alps2alps.com have gone a real way to filling the gap in the market...

+1 for Alp2Alps
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Train then local bus taxi up from the valley. We always take the train to Zermatt as it is very simple, and only circa 100 swiss Francs return each. Alps to alps just given me a quote of over 1100 Euros for 4 people return to Tasch (Closest you can get to Zermatt)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LaForet wrote:

The only thing I'd be careful about is with luggage - thieves target the trains to GVA and substitute rucksacks, walking off the train with yours before you realise. If you do notice, they just apologise and say they got confused. Don't imagine everyone is law-abiding just because it's Switzerland. This isn't a mega-issue, just routine travel awareness.

The thieves cruise through the Train looking for unattended Bags on the racks. You can always use a simple Luggage Lock. Also make sure your Case is not taken off at a Station. Always go into a Carriage where there are other Passengers.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy