Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking toddlers - any resort recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We (as grandparents) want to take our son, his wife, a 2 yr old and a 10 month old (ages next Feb) for a holiday in self catering apartments. The grandparents can ski half a day and the parents half a day. The 2 yr old is very active so we would like to go somewhere where there are things to do. He would love being pulled on a sledge, swimming, quiet walks. I thought we could go to Lech but everything seems to be booked in Feb/March. Anybody out there who has been in the position before? Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've taken g/parents and our boy to various resorts now and been with friends as well - Chamonix, Chatel, Flaine

Chamonix is great as there's loads to do, a proper town. The drawback is it's not ski from the door so time wasted during swap over unless really organised, so I'd recommend ski in/ski out or nearby if possible, so you can do easy handovers at lunch time.

Flaine was nice - very short transfer, bus rides were fun for the wee fella and a nice little area in the forum to hang out in and swap kids over at lunch time, if you can handle a nipper and skis and poles!

Avoriaz is looking top for this year - there resort has lots to do including a great swimming pool and a good kids club. It's not pretty though and not tree lined.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks 😬
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ive done this, both as parent and grandparent. Don't go to Chamonix. A 2 year old will happily play with a very little snow but it has to be right outside the door, as he/she will have limited tolerance of the cold and will also need snacks/drinks/toilet. And at 2 this last has to be close by, given the layers of clothes you have to get them in and out of.

Snow right outside the door, that's what you want, and an apartment right by the slopes for the ski parties to do rapid handovers. Avoriaz sounds fine. One of my grandchildren, at 2, hated toboganning but loved pulling her teddy round on one, so she was in control.

Your son and his family are lucky to have you! snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oberlech is better for that age (free childcare for the 2 year old) 😀👍🇦🇹
Although I've not been serfaus had a great rep
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It sounds as though the OP and family are planning to share childcare so commercial childcare is irrelevant. Apart from proper ski lessons I've not used paid child care. As parents we could barely afford a ski holiday, let alone child care. And now I'm a skiing, transfer-driving , grandparent those times are very special. Bloody hard work at times, but special nonetheless. Getting a very apprehensive 5 year old, kitted out and with last minute wee opportunity, to a ski lesson whilst watching that 3 year old doesn't get run over, lost or bored and stroppy..... snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd recommend the cimes Blanche's apartments in the les eucharts area of la rosiere which has a pool and spa. Good chance of heaps of snow for snowman building outside the door, pretty resort, ski virtually to and from the door. Nice things to do with children in the village such as a creperie with teddies in the window and a pretty forest path to the centre of la Rosiere. Went there when our youngest was 3 and it was perfect. Whilst that was quite a few years back I have heard that the teddy creperie was still there last season. It is a very family oriented resort.

I would check out the architecture of flaine and avoriaz before booking. The ski areas are both good though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We skied Sass Fee during the years our four children were very young, with grandparents in tow much like you plan on doing. It's a real and pretty village with plenty to do and a great area to play at the bottom of the slopes. Non-skiers can also easily get up the mountain for lunch (recommend the Speilboden restaurant). The benefit is it is a very pleasant place to be when not skiing and the skiing is varied enough to be interesting but is quite compact so ideal for half. days. Also the journey there by train and bus is pleasant and easy with young kids (get the Swiss Transfer Ticket) as most of it is by train where they are less constrained.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the advice. We like Morzine and the surrounds so Avoriaz or maybe Chatel would be good. I did think that close to the slopes would be good. The eldest will probably like gondola rides too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy