Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skint - where to ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all - just a quick one to garner opinion:

We're often asked for cheap deals / locations for this kind of piece
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-3884658/Let-snow-begin-pound-s-slide-great-ski-deals-Europe.html
and one of the team pointed out that SnowHeads often discusses the latest good value places to get out there (and where's cheapest does change a bit each year).

Could I poll opinion of anyone online today?

** Best places to ski on the cheap **

Caveats: would be good to know if the place you're nominating is more (i) "cheap, relatively speaking" (i.e. for such an amazing ski destination) or simply "cheap as I've found skiing anywhere" (i.e. but not necessarily an amazing spot).
Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Silver Ski have some relative bargains eg £299 for 12 December and Christmas week for £399. That's the package of flights, transfers, accommodation and meals - just need your lift pass on top.

https://www.silverski.co.uk/special-offers/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Silver ski are superb .. Well worth a try
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry are we being asked to contribute to some Daily hate Mail "journalism"? No Fanks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Courchevel.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I keep getting email with £10,000 discount for Christmas week, do you want the link?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wouldn't cross the road to urinate on a burning Daily Hate journalist let alone divulge how cheap skiing is in Kyrgyzstan 🇰🇬
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowsartre wrote:
I wouldn't cross the road to urinate on a burning Daily Hate journalist let alone divulge how cheap skiing is in Kyrgyzstan 🇰🇬

So true.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know loads of good places that are *very* cheap but i love mountains and people and life in general.
I dont like DM and ignorance Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Recommend Scotland for your DM readers - no need to leave Blighty for the nasty EU.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scotland, Bulgaria and Slovenia are where the poor people ski.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Silverski prices are misleading as they exclude compulsory airport fee.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hemel!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You're asking for expert opinion? From sane educated people who don't hate?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
5RED wrote:
Recommend Scotland for your DM readers - no need to leave Blighty for the nasty EU.

Ahem. I think we'd rather not have any DM readers coming to Scotland if we can possibly avoid it. Can't we recommend them somewhere a bit more adventurous? The moon has some high mountains, and if you DYI (build your own space shuttle) then you can surely make some decent savings? Also, please, no need to bother with a return trip. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@mad for chelsea, sorry about that Scotland NehNeh
ski holidays
Afganistan is pretty cheap, and has a few snowy peaks.....
latest report
I'm an openly gay, ex Olympic Fencer. Can your 'paper' recommend a place for me to ski where my openness about my sexuality and the fact I represented my country in competitive sport are things to be hugely proud of, as opposed to being considered character flaws?
snow report
Whitegold wrote:
Scotland, Bulgaria and Slovenia are where the poor people ski.

Skiing in Scotland aint cheap!
snow report
LukeRibs wrote:
I'm an openly gay, ex Olympic Fencer. Can your 'paper' recommend a place for me to ski where my openness about my sexuality and the fact I represented my country in competitive sport are things to be hugely proud of, as opposed to being considered character flaws?

I hear its snowing in Russia at the moment. Should work out well.... Happy Happy
snow report
Woodhead Pass: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1427486
Berwyns: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59337

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 5-11-16 15:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Chile and New Zealand are both decent in January and February. The air fare is high but the slopes will be really quiet.
snow report
Well said @LukeRibs
latest report
I stayed at the first hotel in the resort listed first in the article in 2002. It was in the middle of February, so was not the cheapest time to travel skiing. However, there was no single person supplement, and the holiday overall was quite cheap compared to the breaks I have had in other more expensive resorts in more expensive chalets at more expensive times. The flights went direct from Glasgow to Turin, which does not appear to be an option anymore. You have to fly to London and change flights, and with ski carriage this can be astronomically expensive. Especially when your skis get lost or delayed in transit in London. (sure you can claim on your insurance, but it is best not to need insurance and not take the risk)

I would say that the cheapest place to ski is England, Wales and Ireland. Next will come Poland, Czech Republic and Romania. Iceland is quite cheap if you have an annual pass in Scotland, as the lift pass can be used there.

It depends on where you travel from, when you go, and where you stay. Lift passes are really the only common currency, and generally you will find more up market resorts have more expensive lift passes.

NZ can be very cheap if you happen to be in NZ in ski season.

The cheapest place to ski is your back yard, if you have your own skis and boots. However, you have to use Shanks' pony to get up the hill. On a cold sunny day, with fresh snow on the ground, there can be nothing better than a walk up a hill. If you snowboard, it will obviously be easier to carry it up the hill.
latest report
@Sno, If you come across anywhere where we can all go on to benefits and be paid more than we currently earn (including lift passes of course) then we'd all be interested. I'd be happy to star in a front page article under the headline "Family of 5 paid £300,000 a year of taxpayers money to live in luxury chalet and ski every day" in any of your sister publications in Austria, Switzerland, Italy or France.
latest report
+1 @LukeRibs,

Can we also recommend countries where the rule of law is considered a good thing?
snow conditions
@LukeRibs,

Try Campitello in Italy, Pamporovo in Bulgaria or Encamp in Andorra. . .? (sorry couldn't resist)
latest report
@downhillalltheway,
like it Smile
Im happy to be the coloured/eastern european who is over taking "all the jobs" living in a shoebox with 6 other people and living the life of luxury having come from the UK/Ireland.
can i be 1st in the queue? quite photogenic in the way you will be looking to portray
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We've just booked Sestriere for first week of March. Flights are currently £25 each way STD to TURIN, ski carriage £60, accommodation is £75 per person for 4 nights, 150m from the lifts. Car hire is £125 between five. Beer and food will be considerably more!!!
snow conditions
SNO's signature says that they work at sno.co.uk. Is that part of the Daily Fail or am I missing something?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy