Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer between Munich and Flachau for 18 - ideas?

Poster: A snowHead
Dearest collective,

So, we've assembled a motley crew of skiers and snowboarders for a trip at half term to Flachau. We've got accommodation all squared away, and flights for 18 bodies to Munich. Last bit of the puzzle. Moving them from point A to point B... We've had a few quotes in from taxi companies - returns offered from between €1500-€2000, or we could hire a couple of minibusses/7seaters or something to haul ourselves at around €50 a head.

Anyone with any particular knowledge, sneaky work around or cunning plan that we haven't considered? Any gotchas we should be wary of?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could put a bit of research into taking the "postbus" to Salzburg and then take transport from there.

I'm sure there will a Flachau expert along here soon to put you right.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Richard_Sideways, have you got a price from Habersatter ? I've used them from SZG many times ( excellent ), but I don't know if they go up to MUC.

http://www.reisen-habersatter.at/index.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Train to radstadt or bischofsfofen and taxis from there?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@holidayloverxx, possible but a bit of a schlep with kids, luggage etc in tow.
@Timberwolf, not tried that one yet, will investigate.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On car hire, that's about £1K whatever way you do it - four large cars, three 7-seaters, or two 9-seat buses (if everyone packs light...). Plus fuel and the vignette cost per vehicle, plus the chance of a 60-120 minute delay between Munich and Rosenheim.

Taxi transfers will be around the €1500 mark simply because it is 2 vehicles, 2 drivers, and a 6-8 hour round trip.

If it was me, I'd take taxis to Munchen Ost station and get a direct train to Bischofshofen, then pre-book local taxis to take you on from there. The train cost will be around €450 for 8 adults and 10 kids, and its a 2.5 hour journey. Alternatively, you can get a train from the airport, but you have to change at Munchen Ost anyway. Your call on which is less hassle.

There's a reason that most people use Salzburg, and why the airlines can charge a lot more for the flight - you've probably saved £200 per person on the flight cost by using Munich, but now you have to suck it up and pay out some of that to drive past Salzburg on the way. For 4 people in a hire car, it makes sense. For 18, I'm not so sure
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I always grab a train from the Munich airport station to Salzburg and then as holidayloverxx aim for Radstadt or Bisch (often via Taxham Europark station) . There is a Bayern ticket for non express or early trains which is really cheap, €43 for 5 people down to €23 for one. Al lthe trains have announcements in English and are really easy to get around on.

https://www.european-traveler.com/germany/bavaria/use-the-bayern-ticket-to-save-on-train-and-bus-travel-in-bavaria/

Bayern-Ticket

The ticket allows up to 5 adults travelling together to use unlimited all regional trains in Bavaria for one day. It is valid on all regional trains in 2nd class.
Regional trains are all trains with the designating letters RB, RE, IRE, ALX, S-Bahn, BOB (Bayerische Oberlandbahn). Note: Use of long-distance trains with the designating letters IC, EC, ICE, D, RJ, TGV and night trains (designating letters CNL, EN) is not allowed.
Additionally the ticket allows the use of the public traffic system MVV (underground, trams, buses) in Munich and other Bavarian cities and of almost all public regional bus services beyond Munich (RVO, SEV).

For families: 1 person of the adult group (parent or grandparent) can be accompanied by an unlimited number of own children/grandchildren aged under 15 for free.

The ticket covers also travels to following destinations outside Bavaria: Salzburg, Kufstein, Reutte, Ulm and return.

The ticket is valid
weekdays Mon - Fri from 9 a.m. to 3 a.m. the following day (18 hours)
Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays from 0 a.m. to 3 a.m. the following day (27 hours).

Price of the Bayern-Ticket 1 traveller EUR 23,-*, for every person more additionally EUR 5,- (max. 5 adults)
valid for 1 person EUR 23,-*
valid for 2 persons EUR 28,-*
valid for 3 persons EUR 33,-*
valid for 4 persons EUR 38,-*
valid for 5 persons EUR 43,-*

http://www.munich-touristinfo.de/Bavaria-Ticket.htm

Remember to sign it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alternatively, hire a van, put all of the luggage and 3 people in it, and send everyone else by train. At the other end, they get taxis to your accommodation, and you're either waiting there for them with their luggage, or you arrive once they've got the keys, done some shopping and cooled the beers for you.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ousekjarr, Good thinking Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for bayern ticket. That will get you from MUC to Salzburg. There is a similar OBB group ticket about €45 for 5 people which will get you the rest of the way. http://www.oebb.at/en/angebote-ermaessigungen/einfach-raus-ticket
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ousekjarr, Hmm, we do need to get beer too...our chalet is catered but not vintnered (is that a word?)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Richard_Sideways, if you really want to look at taxis then Huber is the Flachau company. I always use them
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Buchbinder have a Mercedes Vito compact van for €233 for a week, including 700km allowance (100km per day) - airport to Flachau is ~250km. The only issue is that no-one expects a van to be collected from the airport, so the nearest office is a 5-minute taxi ride away, and is only open on Saturday from 0800-1200... https://www.buchbinder.de/de/angebote/sonderangebote-lkw.html

I assume that a UK driver is OK to hire a van in Germany, but it is worth checking in advance. They may also agree to bring it to the airport for you if you call them and ask, as Buchbinder have an office there as well. The other thing to check is whether there are additional charges for taking it into Austria, plus it is unlikely to have an Austrian vignette so you'd need to buy one for 10 days at €8.80.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Richard_Sideways, Did you try FourSeasons/Tirol Taxi? It seems they are quoting Economy Plus Transfer price (where you may have to wait up to a maximum of 25mins after checking into their transfer desk) of €1378 for 18 people return. https://www.tirol-taxi.at/index.php?airport=1&destination_name=Flachau&adults=18&kids=0&infants=0&step=prices&new_booking=true&temp=fst&submit=#booking
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ousekjarr, the price difference between Munich and Salzburg was significant enough to make it cheaper, even with the transfers, it was £150+ per head cheaper.

@Timberwolf, thanks for that taxi company name, I'll try them.

@holidayloverxx, I've already got a quote from Huber (best yet, I'm all for using local companies Smile )

Thanks for the Bavaria ticket info - I've had a look at train times and I don't think they're going to work as we land at 5pm - for all of us return to Salzburg plus then transfers from there I don't think it's going to be much cheaper than hiring cars but it is lots cheaper than taxis.
ski holidays
Lots of Munich bus companies will be able to give you an offer, if you bring ski make it larger than for 18.

http://www.1a-limousine-full-service.de/html_engl/bus_mieten_bayern.html

https://www.autobusoberbayern.de/en/fleet/coaches/

and many more.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy