Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee 25/2-4/3

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. I am going to be on Saas Fee for the annual ski trip for a week this coming February. Any fellow members around? It will be my eighth trip there, I love the place!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We will be there the week before for 3 days - I also love the place but the skiing has become a bit limited for us now the kids are a bit bigger (11, 10, 8, 6) so we drop in for 3 days to see old friends and get our fix of Sass Fee then transfer to another resort.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know what you mean, but we still love it there. We never have to que on lifts, the village is relatively quiet (compared to other resorts) and since our children are still young (6 and 2) we still have loads to enjoy in Saas Fee!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What's the skiing like there? I love the place but I've only been there peak-bagging in Summer. The one time I had a ski holiday booked I was ill and had to cancel the week before.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Valkyrie, On-piste skiing is limited compared to any of the big linked resorts, so you could easily ski down every piste once in a day. However, as you would have seen in the summer there is a huge amount of glacier which can be skied with a mountain guide, there are also many ski tour options, and many other resorts within an hour by car, including of course Zermatt.

Side country off piste is possible, but the glaciers limit it in most areas. The resort also suffers from strong 'lift shutting' winds, and because it is a steep sided valley, avalanche danger after heavy snow fall can delay opening until lunchtime.

Saas-Fee has also been hit by climate change in the last 25 years or so, with the main glacier that was right down to the glacier lake, having retreated back 350-400m. All the 'resort' glaciers have also thinned significantly, and 3 glacier based black runs have disappeared. In addition when first I started going in the late 80's the Hannig area, which is now only walking/snowshoeing/sledging, was a pisted ski area.

Having said all that, I love the place and will keep on going back. I'll be there the end of Jan start of Feb if anyone is around.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy