Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen Restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
My OH will be celebrating a significant birthday while skiing in Wengen late January. What restaurants would regulars recommend for a special celebration dinner for 4 adults?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Caprice or the Schonegg will fit the bill nicely. Regina looks smart but seems to get some iffy reviews on Tripadvisor.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@cat skis, In addition to the places mentioned by telford mike I'd also recommend the Bären (located a few hundred yards down the road which goes down past the Co-Op and underneath the railway)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apologies for intruding but we are also in Wengen late Jan for the first time. Any recommended pizza/tapas/steak places that are not in hotels?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@twoodwar, For pizzas try either pizzeria pajazzo which is situated by the hotel residence apartments belonging to and opposite the Hotel Bernerhof, or alternatively Da Sina which also does steaks. If you're looking for something different the restaurant in the front of the Hotel Bernerhof does good meat fondues and Feuerstein/Pierrades (where you cook your own small pieces of meat on a hot rock).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@twoodwar if you're there from 28th Jan we may see you there. Many thanks to all for the suggestions. I think the gaminess of the menu at the Baeren will appeal to husband for his birthday meal and they also have veggie options for me. I'm sure we will also be trying out the others too. Let's hope for lots of lovely snow Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Baren has always been a popular place for locals for Sunday Lunches but I'm not sure I'd go there for a special meal, they do very nice local dishes though but their restaurant has in my opinion no atmosphere, different in the summer when it's possible to eat on the terrase

Da Sina does excellent pizzas

Schonegg has a lovely alacarte restaurant for a really fancy meal and Caprice has a marvelous view from their restaurant expect to spend a lot at either, worthwhile checking out the various alacarte menus and getting an idea of what each serves and costs before booking a place

For fish dishes the Berghaus is possibly the best in the village

For a nice shared lunch find somewhere that serves air dried meats and cheeses from the region, drink a fresh white wine (spiezer is usually a good local one) or a full bodied red
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy