Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow sure resort for 20-27 Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Please can anyone advise on snow sure resorts in Europe on a budget for Christmas week. Have found a good deal in sauze d'oulx but worried we will get no snow. Also, not sure if this resort is suitable for improving beginner. Is it easy to get to Montgenevre by bus if that is a better bet?

Any advice gratefully received.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Slick,

20th-27th is Tuesday to Tuesday - which is unusual to say the least. What deal have you been offered? Which TO, price, what does it include, etc?

I've not been to sauze d'oulx but there are definitely more snow sure resorts - Espace Killy, 3V, Paradiski - are all big enough with enough high altitude skiing to guarantee some skiing is available.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val Thorens;
Tignes;
Ischgl.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. Been offered £1282 for 2, flights from Bristol to Turin, half board hotel, ski hire and area 6 day passes. Prices have expired now but only gone up slightly.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Slick wrote:
Thanks guys. Been offered £1282 for 2, flights from Bristol to Turin, half board hotel, ski hire and area 6 day passes. Prices have expired now but only gone up slightly.

Can you only travel on those dates or do you have flexibility?
Which TO was that?
Is Bristol where you want to fly from?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sauze d'Oulx seems a mixed bag...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/resort-guides/Ski-Sauze-dOulx-resort-guide/
....but I particularly note this:
Quote:

Erratic snow record and far from comprehensive snowmaking

Make of that what you will but that wouldn't fill me with confidence for an early season break booked in advance.

On that latter note.. if you are flexible, on a budget and buying a TO holiday why not just wait until 10 days before?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks Layne,

Yes, that confirms my findings too. We don't really have much flexibility in dates due to childcare arrangements, but may be able to leave 19th or 21st respectively for 7 days.

The figure mentioned was offered through Crystal and only thinking of TO for simplicity and keep budget fixed i.e. incl half board / ski hire & pass, so just beer money to add.

There seems to be speculation that due to global conditions we could expect earlier snow fall in the alps this year, but I'm guessing that is as it says on the tin ....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
We don't really have much flexibility in dates due to childcare arrangements, but may be able to leave 19th or 21st respectively for 7 days.

Usually the majority of bookings are Sat to Sat with some Sun to Sun options. Clearly you've already been offered something different. It's an odd year because of when Christmas falls. Or maybe Crystal being the size they are have those options. Whatever, given that restriction I would try to nail something down sooner rather than later.

Have a look at Cervinia, the most "snow sure" resort in Italy.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne wrote:
Quote:
We don't really have much flexibility in dates due to childcare arrangements, but may be able to leave 19th or 21st respectively for 7 days.

Usually the majority of bookings are Sat to Sat with some Sun to Sun options. Clearly you've already been offered something different. It's an odd year because of when Christmas falls. Or maybe Crystal being the size they are have those options. Whatever, given that restriction I would try to nail something down sooner rather than later.

In fact the majority of the tour ops are doing 19th or 20th (also Friday 23rd) departures this year with Crystal looking like the only tour op doing the traditional sat-sat days this year for xmas week (as well as the other dates mentioned above)- which is a bit limiting for us as xmas eve to NYE are really the only dates we can go - I think with the last 2 years having not the best conditions across much of the alps early season a lot of people will leave it as late as possible to book.

Anyone that want's to gamble (or just happy to be in the alps at xmas come what may) can get some cracking deals now - Soll HB for £327 or even Les Arcs for £358 - also half board.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 1-11-16 14:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
we've just booked that week with crystal, (sat to sat doesn't really work that's why they've changed it this year) to sauxe 4star hb in a hotel weve been to before, been to sauxe twice at xmas, had plenty of snow both times, but any year is a gamble as youre reliant on the weather gods. We had a look at Cervinia but the hotels on offer are a bit ropey to be honest, unless you pay mega bucks. Sauxe is great for your level of skiers, linked to sestriere as well, were going as my niece is coming with us and will appreciate the mixture of wide open pistes along with a few challenging ones, and xmas eve around the tree with the mulled wine and carols is brilliant the kids love it Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Layne wrote:
Quote:

A lot of TO's are doing different things, due to where christmas and new year are falling. I know that Neilson are doing tues-tues for christmas week, and then new year week. Then doing a short Tues (3rd Jan) - Sat (7th) break, to get them back in line to revert to Sat-Sat.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi @Slick,

We have a little independant chalet company and we are doing 19th - 26th December for the Christmas dates. We've also just (literally yesterday) launched our half price Christmas and New Year offer, so even with booking your own flights and transfers we'd be cheaper than Crystal's deal above, and we're in Paradiski which is a really good x-mas snow option. Drop me a message via the website and I can help with travel etc.

www.ice-fire.co.uk

(ducks to avoid accusations of spam Little Angel )
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not even a snow ball wink see pm
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks everyone for not throwing snowballs!

I've sent you through an email @Slick,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy