Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glasses v goggle inserts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Advice please.
I wear prescription glasses and sunglasses. I now need a prescription for my Oakley goggles ... so should I go for a pair of cheap framed prescription specs that fit inside my goggles or a 'universal goggle insert' made to my prescription.?
http://www.sportsprescriptionglasses.co.uk/images/oakley%20A%20frame%20insert.jpg

What have you tried Puzzled and what works for you Puzzled
Many thanks
WyrdSister
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @WyrdSister,
You may find this thread helpful regarding prescription inserts: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2872869&highlight=prescription+inserts#2872869

I've gone the insert route in my Oakley Flight Decks - but haven't tried them on the hill yet. I previously had some other OTG goggles that fitted over my glasses, but which didn't work very well (mainly due to the tint and the narrow field of vision). The Flight Decks are supposed to be OTG (although I bought them intending to use inserts anyway) but don't fit over my glasses - so I think they would only go over very small glasses. If you have the Flight Decks you might find the lens size very limited, I'd guess the Canopy would accomodate slightly bigger glasses.
www.prescriptioninserts.com are cheaper than the site you linked.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't kill me if you think I'm off topic straight way!!

Buuuut... Have you tried contact lenses?

I ski with lenses in for as long as I can and just make sure that my goggles are compatible with my glasses should I need to switch for the last couple of runs of the day.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @Tubaski, I will explore the thread and make a decision.... Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @letsgetpiste, off topic's fine. I don't get on with contacts, but thanks for the suggestion.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've never tried normal glasses under specific OTG goggles but have tried glasses squeezed under normal goggles and had a lot of glass fogging issues.

I've since switched to prescription inserts and not had any fogging. Unlike glasses inserts sit nearer the goggle lens than your face and I've assumed that was why but it could be that proper OTG goggles give better airflow so also less fogging but as what I have works for me I've not tried.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@WyrdSister, I wear normal prescription glasses under Oakley Canopys. I've had the fogging issues before under other goggles, but its never been an issue with the Oakleys.

You can always treat your specs with an anti-fogging solution or fogging cloth if you're concerned... or use the old trick of licking them and blowing them dry if you're ever really caught out.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@WyrdSister, I think that the tread that @Tubaski, is referring too was the one I started last year. I'm very happy with the inserts and wouldn't hesitate to buy again if necessary.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy