Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can I ski from St Foy to Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a vague recollection that someone told me I could ski from St Foy to Italy for lunch.

Is that right, or have I been dreaming? Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That'll be La Rosiere they were telling you about I reckon. Connected to La Thuile.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep. It's La Rosiere; you can ski over the Col du Petit Saint Bernard for the day to La Thuile. Not sure how you get back...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Philip1972, Only if your fit and like skinning up .

The next valley behind Ste Foy to the east is Valgrisanche , part of the Aosta sector of North Italy its famous in the winter for Heliskiing and ski touring with a couple of hotels and a refuge . This is only accessible from Ste Foy by Helicopter or ski touring via the Col de Mont , it is normal however to ski over from Valgrisanche at the end of the day to Ste Foy village .

Any lift access to Italy is only possible via La Rosiere as already said .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Heliski back from La Rosiere to Sainte-Foy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From the top of St Foy you can look straight into that valley/area of Italy before you ski back into the pisted area of SF but there is no lifts or infrastructure there at all to allow general supported skiing in the conventional lift and downhill sense.

As the others have already said it's next door in LR that you can ski both into Italy La Thuile and also back again via all lift served pistes. It's a nice trip across there for a day out.

If you've a car then you can traverse to LR without having to go down near Bourg St Maurice as well on more local roads so it's really not too far distant and worth the effort to explore.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Philip1972, hmmmm......

You can drop over the top in Ste Foy from Col de Aguille, walking up and over to the left into a offpiste run through the alley of death and the abandoned village and then get the bus back into Ste Foy - doable once, possibly twice if you do it early. Not sure this is Italy or that you can "lunch" along this route (trying to get the bus driver to stop or take passengers that are not french at this point at the bottom is major undertaking).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy