Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I could not stop myself from looking !!!

Poster: A snowHead
I know its only late october but i still took a peek at the webcam at the piste where im going in january..... Who else has been taking a sneaky look ??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dunno what you mean Guv...*quickly closes browser window and clear history*
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't hide my obsession of looking at piste webcams anymore. I even check during summer in case of early snowfall LOL Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Every day, just for the view of Mont Blanc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Dunno what you mean Guv...*quickly closes browser window and clear history*
This Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, the good news is that they've moved the cows down to the valley.....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
how many cows di you count?! Currently looking at two (one for an April trip!)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Matt1959 wrote:
Well, the good news is that they've moved the cows down to the valley.....

Yes, we were in Bourg last weekend for the 'Demontagne' festival - great fun with herds of cows, sheep and goats being paraded through the centre of the town (up the pedestrianized area and out past the church). It had the feeling of a ritual that has gone on for many years, great to be there for it - and interesting to witness the very organised hosing down of the streets as there was a lot of pooh Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am doing it too, and checking out every ski video on youtube that folks have posted for that resort. Very Happy I was there last year, so I know what all the runs are like, but I like to look and see the snow conditions and how the poster skied the run.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wasn't, but now I'm looking at webcams and piste maps, trying to get my bearings. And it's all your fault @yorkshirelad! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My name is Mike, and I am a camoholic.
I was having a good stretch. Four months without a single peek. But then last week we had a cold stretch and it just sort of came over me. I had to do it. I just had to.
Now I've fallen off the wagon and the wagon isn't even in sight any more. Look what they did to me...

http://youtube.com/v/hiRLAs1IT6A
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I just look out the window............
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mine had snow a couple of weeks ago , tis all melted now Sad

edit: just had a sneaky look and there is a snow machine plonk in the middle now! excitement Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Even got the 3V app - Check at least once a day
snow report
Every year i say i wont look unitl the opening day of the resort I'm going to... But im weak Smile Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
just about every day !

the webcam include the temperature as well -- last week -6 ; this week +6 --- oh the pain !
latest report
Nope. Never. Ever.................except for yesterday...Oh, and tomorrow.....but that's it, for definite.
snow report
chrisrawles wrote:
I don't hide my obsession of looking at piste webcams anymore. I even check during summer in case of early snowfall LOL Toofy Grin

As I tell my wife... obsession is free! (Whenever I have an idea in my head it's obsessed to death with research!) Very Happy
latest report
KenX wrote:
I just look out the window............

So do I, sadly all I see is the sunny green midlands!! Sad
snow report
I was on "cams" for a few years, but I have moved on to the hard stuff now, and am doing "snow-forecast" daily now, as well as "cams".

But I can quit, anytime I want...................... Sad
snow report
@thecramps, I skipped the soft stuff and went straight to the hard stuff Happy
ski holidays
I persuade my friends to ski tour up the pistes to check how well the base is shaping up.
latest report
@Scarpa, Do you stand at the bottom or to the side Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I confess, I had a look at the Engelbert webcam yesterday. Saw the pistebasher on the glacier....and somebody had made fresh tracks😑
snow conditions
My name is scotspikey, and I suffer from snow compulsive disorder. I am not going on holiday for 84 days. I constantly check the weather and web cams. Quite rightly, all the crew that are heading to cervinia at the end of January think I'm an absolute weapon. I can't stop it. I need help.
snow conditions
Don't need cameras . . . already had the Snow Socks on . . . soooooo much nicer than 400lbs of chains Toofy Grin

Looking at the Jet Stream patern, Washington (the NW) and New England could have epic dumps this Winter.

Guess who's already stowed his snowboard and snowshoes in the truck for the next time he's stuck in the Rockies/Cascades Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
Going to Tignes Christmas week.

I know there's no chance of any lasting snow on the lower slopes until mid-late November (in a good season) and it's still not cold enough for the snow cannons, but I'm still compulsively checking webcams.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm so glad I'm not alone. We could use this as a support group.
snow report
I thought I was alone with this addiction. Clearly not Laughing
ski holidays
Tried to get the snow chains that I had for the transit to fit my Ducato van today Sad got them on but not good. 9 weeks till my first trip and webcams showing green in the resort but lots of white on the mountain Very Happy
snow report
Until I remembered this thread was in The Piste, I thought it might be about Ed Balls.
latest report
I blame technology what did we do before the internet? I suppose rely on the bbc on a Thursday night for snow forecast (from memory).

for ten years before last season when I could not go skiing due to various reasons (mainly financial!!!) I would look at the merinet webcam everyday, oh the torture!!!
I would put myself in the premier league of sad gits!!!

finally went a couple of times last season and off to Austria this xmas, I seem to have passed this infliction on to my 2 daughters as we have spent the last few days at the hemel fridge making use of the October lift pass deal, eldest said she want to be a ski instructor when she is older!!!!
ski holidays
Oh ... I'm just soft for those Austrain Dialect ski bunnies ...
Make me go all week at the knees.
Kitzbuelel gefelt meer!
snow report
Definitely too easy to check these days.

When I were a lad we had to use Ceefax; waiting 10 minutes for your resort to appear only to be distracted for what seemed like a nanosecond, and there you were again, sitting transfixed upon the garish, low res screen for another 10 agonising minutes, finger twitching nervously above the 'hold' button as every new page appeared.

That's when men were men. wink
latest report
@SlidingAbout, Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
Yes - daily.
snow report
SlidingAbout wrote:
Definitely too easy to check these days.

When I were a lad we had to use Ceefax; waiting 10 minutes for your resort to appear only to be distracted for what seemed like a nanosecond, and there you were again, sitting transfixed upon the garish, low res screen for another 10 agonising minutes, finger twitching nervously above the 'hold' button as every new page appeared.

That's when men were men. wink

And then all you got were made up snow depths and 'Best conditions on upper slopes' Laughing
snow conditions
Been looking at webcams and snow forecast everyday on phone app!
ski holidays
Jeez lads and lasses , fair bit of action this morning!
More like it Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy